Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
  3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    SingingWolf Thanks this.
  4. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Trying to make a turn-around where there isn't really enough room to do it?

5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I bet that happens 20 times a day. No big deal. Driver has learned a "lesson" Schneider has a write off for tow and any damages. Nothing to see here folks. Move on

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

JOHNQPUBLIC, RStewart and SingingWolf Thank this.
  6. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I get that. Even an experienced guy sometimes missjudges space. I had to whip around in a crane yard today, while approaching it i was certain i could do a simple uturn, maybe 1 pull up. 15 minutes and 137 point turn later i finally got out of there.

What i don't get is how someone can think that a steer axle weighing 11k+ lbs on 9 inch wide tires can go in muddy soft soil and not sink like an anchor.

Oh and just cause i haven't been accused of recruiting in a while. Today's load. $6050 on 1950 miles. More cheap Florida freight.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Home_on_wheels and SingingWolf Thank this.
  7. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i did it long ago when i drove for swift. ground looked hard and i didnt have enough room. pulled up and sunk, now i get out and see how soft it is, lesson learned. part of the problem is sending 53 trlrs and sleepers where they dont belong all to save a buck. i delivered wine to a dist center, had an extra stop on it, right down the road at a place no trucks belonged, couldnt blindside because of a mailbox and could barely turn around in circle, could see where other trucks have torn up the mud to turn around without crushing farings, all so the other stop didnt have to pay to have their wine delivered down the road from the dc, and yet they wonder why drivers have torn up everything in the area lol dollar general are a good example, lets send a driver to a place where trucks cant fit and wonder why everything is torn up, all to save a buck, in the end the drivers look dumb.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  8. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yeah but then all the super truckers wouldn't have someone to laugh at and ridicule on the CB or some internet forum.

CaptainDaveG Thanks this.
  9. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Its the drivers responsibility. If he can't fit in a spot without tearing stuff up he needs to speak up. Shippers order 53 ft trailers to places they shouldn't go because drivers and carriers keep taking them. If a customer wants you to go under a 12 ft bridge are you going to do it and say its they're fault for ordering a 13 6 truck?

gentleroger Thanks this.
  10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    There is a learning curve when it comes to deciding when you have to redo your setup (if docking) or adjust for conditions when getting out. Sometimes you just hafta punt and try it again before you encroach upon terra not-so-firma.

TennMan and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.