Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    You do get a percentage of the load rate, but I think there are some thresholds/fuzzy math.

If you do relay a load they will charge you the $300 (thought it was $500, but it's been a long time)

D00Rswingin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D00Rswingin

D00Rswingin Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I was reviewing this sample contract.
    In my e-mail from the recruiter.
    Well. I guess it is a risk we all take.
    Or just don’t go to SNI.

4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
  5. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    There are a lot of pro's and Con's as an IC. I did it for 5 years and before I walked away because it didn't line up with my longtime goals. The most important things i think to consider is where you live and the most profitable freight lanes you will be running because of that. Keep in mine you take on the majority of the risk financially. Schneider will help you out but bottom line you have to make enough to cover your own bills, time off, health ins, retirement, downtime including keeping up with your truck payments and keeping up with paying your taxes etc.. Everyone is different, by all means if it's really what you want don't let the little things distract from doing it. Are you gonna make good money. It's okay money if you run a tight ship and the possibility of paying off your truck and finding something even more profitable ( as i have some of my friends do) is there as well. You still have to cover the maintenance and fees of the truck tho. It's a lot to consider do your homework and talk with as many IC's as you can to get a good perspective. Without writing a book that is some of my best thoughts on the subject. Best of luck sincerely!

Shardrk, 91B20H8, JOHNQPUBLIC and 6 others Thank this.
  6. oicu812

oicu812 Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Wisconsin
  7. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Ok time for the 30 day update at Sargento vs being an O/O with my own Authority. So buckle up helmet on.

Great Company the family has built an empire. But I work for a cheese company that owns trucks. Not a trucking company. Big difference. Our trucks (35) loose money every year. Period. But there very iconic trucks. The 2020 VNL 860 with the lounge all options is simply a joy to drive. Reminds me of high school pxssy back in the day. You can ride it all day long. Thousands of people wave at you. Around the home base you are god. Everyone at the plants is exicited to see you and you never wait NEVER. The trailers top of the line. Our transportation building looks like a fire station with bays state of the art hand wash every week. 24 trucks parked inside and 2 repair bays. Everyone knows you. Period. You drive the brand truck.

I asked for some new wipers last week on my new truck. The owners kid is working the wash bay he says pull up, I said just tell me where there are I can do it. He says hell no if my dad (Lou) walked thru and saw you putting them on I’d get my ### chewed. Guess who walked thru Lou. He is every where. He says issue with new rig I say bad wiper blades from factory. He makes small talk and says be safe Dave.

There is free cheese everywhere.

The bad

Our backhauls are horrid. Now required as of July 1 if it’s a backhaul going to our plant it’s great if not oh my

They set the trucks to 66 mph. Oh so slow

I haven’t had a reset it 3 weeks due to backhaul mess. Or more than 24 hours at home.

The money on point it’s 120 grand a year. Insurance is dam near free etc.

Verdict

Idk guys I think I’m going to give them some slack. But Kenworth of Wisconsin says I’m approved for zero down and any amount.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Boo.....

9. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    so did you sell the cascadia?

CaptainDaveG Thanks this.
  10. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    Yes it sold in 4 days. $54,xxx.00. It was almost paid off.

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

Opus Thanks this.
  11. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    The FW got in over his head it looks like, Buys a Western Star instead of a regular freight shaker, owns a viper etc. Sounds like not enough money set aside for difficult times. Didn't know how to run a business. And what kind of "man" disappears and leaves their mom wandering where they are.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.