Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    You bet. As long as it works, they'll take it

DAX_ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Thanks. Do you know if we are able to pay the security deposit before orientation?

4. Corso1504

Corso1504 Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2017
    If you're paying the security deposit with credit you're already behind the ball smh

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Brother, a lot of these questions you should be asking Schneider.
    Its been almost 7 years since I did it.
    Seriously, not trying to be a jerk, but make a list of questions and ask Schneider.

DAX_ Thanks this.
  6. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    None taken. Only reason I'm asking right now is because the lady I been working with went home for the day

7. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How so? I have a reason for wanting to pay it this way

8. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Well, like I said, get a notepad and write down all of your questions. And when she comes back, ask away

DAX_ Thanks this.
  9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    If your reason is because you get cash back/points from your CC and you intend to pay the balance as soon as you get the bill, that's the only good reason I can think of. And it would be a very smart thing to do

DAX_ and gentleroger Thank this.
  10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    As Opus said, if the reason is to take advantage of card rewards, no biggie.

If you are using the credit card as a line of credit because you don't have the cash on hand to pay the downpayment AND the rest of your obligations then you are screwed.

Look at the OP of the other thread (going back otr etc). He went into this a month or so ago without the money to buy tire chains. For Opus, no big deal as he lives many time zones away from anyplace he would need chains. The OP lives in Utah, where chains are needed to run successfully. He went into a LP without proper capitialization which meant that he didn't have time to learn the business or leeway to make mistakes. He had to be "turnin' and earnin'" just to avoid drowning. A couple of little things didn't go his way, he lost his dang mind and hurt himself - physically, financially, and spiritually.

We see so many guys who sign on the dotted line with only a wish and a dream backing them up. In a years time they are far behind where they could have been if they had simply hired on as a company driver. Every one on TTR that has done a SNI l/p with more than a modicum of success showed up to orientation with cash reserves to see them thru the first couple of months.

Shardrk and CaptainDaveG Thank this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Then perhaps these companies that sign these guys to a $3700 a month truck payment should make that a minimal prerequisite before they sign the dotted line.

The gauntlet my bank ran me through 4 years ago before they made my loan was unreal, for good reasons.

They wanted to protect their investment and to ensure I had an above average chance of succeeding.

$1,000 skin in the game that kid was required to come up with is a joke. Should be at least 10%, or no truck.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.