Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    I have always tried to work for people who have more money and are smarter than me. It doesn't work well the other way around. But I appreciate you explaining it.

Opus, 062 and T.Rucker Thank this.
  4. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    They are going through a class action law suit right now because they contracted a bunch of children who thought they would be under a company umbrella only to find out they couldn't hack it.
    More freight and access to their spot freight is a good thing. Especially the spot freight. 65% is arbitrary and limiting to what they can offer on the board anyhow.
    They need to stop contracting children, and deal strictly with adults who don't get on Facebook and gossip like a bunch of hens.
    Maybe it's a horrible deal. Idk, but they have had a incredible amount of power only trip lease guys pulling trailers recently. I would think contractors would want in.
    Also Schneider has always pulled loads out from under you when they need it. They do it to company drivers too. Opening the board to spot market freight means WTF things can happen. Guessing they don't want to be sued anymore by gossiping children and added that little addendum to the contract.
    Seems pretty simple to me. If you like the price book it. If you feel your getting f'd carry your truck somewhere else and demand your 65% percent. Lol.

5. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    @Opus I'm always here when you are ready. Had a solo dry van driver gross $16k last week, average is $7k - $9k. PM anytime....

Speed_Drums, Dave_in_AZ and Opus Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    The children must be protected.

sealevel Thanks this.
  7. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    I appreciate it, Daniel.
    I've got the contract in my in box and will look it over when I get home.
    Are those numbers gross or net?

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    “Lol. Probably. We will see in a few months when most of the ICs are on the program if the amount of Unicorn loads still hold up. If they don't then in my opinion the only positive thing about AIR will be gone. Choice makes them give you 65% of what they get plus 100%. AIR doesn't. And like I mentioned there's already ALOT of loads that pay anywhere from $10-$25 less. Depending on how many loads you usually do in a week plus the rising fuel costs you could end up seeing a sizable difference weekly without the unicorn loads.”

Off another site.....

9. sadwar

sadwar Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Lockport, IL
    Gross...

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Off another sni site.....

“So liberating putting in my letter of resignation today. I did enjoy my few years at sni but I felt more "independent" at swift transportation and they got sued for $400 million dollars for not treating their drivers as "independent" lol. I dealt with sni more in 3 years than I did running a fleet at swift for 10, and that's no exaggeration! I honestly don't see how they are getting away with it. But anyway, good luck to yall but know that you are not independent in any way. You are company drivers paying for your job and picking the loads they don't need for their company trucks. And I'm not bashing sni, I did love it there, and in some ways will miss it. Especially the brotherhood feeling between us! Just pointing out things that are a major factor in my decision ✌”

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.