Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Well she does like cordless blowers... sounds like a catch [​IMG]

T_TRUCKER. and HalpinUout Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Josh_

Josh_ Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    weird question , but out of those 338 miles....what % is freeway and % city driving? I'm trying to calculate dollars/hr for few trucking companies. For example im averaging 60mph with governed truck limit at 65, so avg about $35/hr including accessorial pay($13.5, 500miles roundtrip, $0.54cpm) at OD.
    Here sample calculation from Interstate: Fontana to Spokane (dryvan)
    $2219 - $350fuel(16%)) / 1196miles = $1.56cpm x 60mph(avg) = $93.76/hr (only fuel expense factored in)
    -----------
    my estimation for you: if 1/3 is city and 2/3 is freeway:
    35 + 65 + 65) / 3 = 55.0mph avg speed
    $847 - 16%fuel) / 338miles ) = $2.10 x 55.0mph = $115.50/hr (only fuel expense factored in)
    proud of yourself man....you're almost at the very top (those drivers without a truck note)
    upload_2016-3-3_11-5-26.png

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  4. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    okay............

I'd say 80% of it was interstate, 5% city and 15% rural farm roads.

Don't see how you could even attempt to try to compare all this....
    As every day is different...loads... miles.. time.. areas etc etc.

Even using that Interstate load......... that doesn't tell much of anything.
    Mainly because you're leaving a good market to go to a dead market. You're not gonna be getting no 1000+ mile loads for $1.50+ back to CA from Spokane lol.
    Where as what I just did kept me basically in a regional circle within a good market.
    You posted hourly pay? Cause even though I might have only driven 5-6 hours I worked 14 hours. Me sitting in a dock = me working as I'm still on a load. Say if I made $700 after fuel well that's $50 an hour I made not including my overhead costs.
    That hourly wage chart you posted doesn't even apply here as a comparison because that's salaries for employed people, a business is totally different.
    For example if an employed dentist takes a week off they don't owe $1000 for fixed overhead costs for their "job", if I take a week off I do.
    Then you're comparing OD to IC trucking companies per hour? You get benefits, paid vacation, pay less in taxes etc etc vs me. Where does that factor in?
    Then also factor the money you earn will be dependent upon what you're willing to do. There's drivers here that solely run the Northeast that earn more than me and then there's drivers that live/work in the south and go home every weekend that earn a lot less than me.
    In other words there's endless variables.
    All I can say is someone doesn't leave a place like OD to make a lot more money as an IC leasing a truck cause that ain't happening. Drivers there earn 70-80K+ with endless benefits. If I worked as much as a company driver I could earn more than that but it wouldn't be much more. If I wasn't paying $40k a year in truck payments it would be a different story lol.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.. if I wasn't doing this then my behind would be at OD or ABF as a company driver.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Dominick253 Thanks this.
  5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Better yet ... she has a 14xxxxx trailer.

On a side note, Purina in Flagstaff supplies a blower for cleaning your trailer. Personally I didn't think it worked worth a crap.

mindes Thanks this.
  6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I just watched the whole video, Schneider has no problem with you guys sweeping or blowing all the stuff from the trailer out onto the ground and leaving it?

I certainly wouldn't be posting videos online of me doing that...

7. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    It's one thing to sweep trash onto the ground, it's another to sweep it onto a customers ground and then post it online. Without that customer you wouldn't have that load and yet people think it's okay to trash their grounds :eek:

Lord Pablo Thanks this.
  8. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I think I swept out a trailer twice last year. I pick up the big pieces and go.

9. freightwipper

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    today on the load board........

[​IMG]

10. Kirotito

Kirotito Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I have been reading this thread for almost a month everyday and I still have ways to go but what you are doing is your bussiness and remember whenever you do something good/kind/thoughtful it will always feel like you are going against the grain.Be encouraged.You are helping many!Now back to reading.200+ pages to go on your thread.

Lord Pablo and freightwipper Thank this.
  11. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    if the bol says sni logistics and you are pulling the load with another company is it a schneider load?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.