Picking my own freight baby! My journey to & of being on Schneider choice, the Adventure & Numbers!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by freightwipper, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    I just bought a 14 Shaker from a local dealer. I was leasing a 13 Shaker from the company. Payment was 625/week, 4 yr lease. They've now since I started mine lowered the payments a quite a bit, and made a larger balloon at the end to make it more affordable. Mine would of been 16K.

freightwipper Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Right now they only offer percentage on the skateboard side. Van is supposed to be coming soon. If I want to run long stuff I'd be in the 1.15 range all miles. That's crap to me so I try to push it up to 1.25 or so with shorter stuff. Can I make more at other companies? Absolutely, but the thing that's kept me here is I actually feel like I matter here. I know that sounds kinda corny, but they've taken care of me here, The management is very approachable, in fact I can climb the ladder as far as I want if I feel the need. When I was going to leave for SNI last April, they called me in and told me all the stuff that had planned for O/O's and begged me to stick around and help them test the new stuff. That said, I'll prob leave here sometime in the next couple years for bigger money, but until rates rebound I'm pretty content. I'm not getting rich, but I'm not going broke either. My operating costs are very low. I'm talking 50 cents a mile low. That definitely helps.

rickybobby Thanks this.
  4. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Yes, and it's an issue from time to time. They make us wait 18 hours before our PTA, which is your NAT I believe, before we can access the load board. Really sucks. Some of the upper management are trying to get rid of this, but apparently there's some sort of disagreement amongst the suits.

Home_on_wheels Thanks this.
  5. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Yea that's can't happen here. You can't access the load board if you're on line 3, so no wives or GF's at home picking your stuff. The app knows when you're driving, so it will lock you out.

Home_on_wheels and freightwipper Thank this.
  6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    If you're happy that's all that matters.
    However I must say OF COURSE you matter to them and they begged you to stay...... you're hauling their freight around for cheap thus making them a fortune! I'd beg you to stay too!
    Demand a .50 a mile raise and you'll see how much you truly matter to them.
    For the record that's not unrealistic, I average $1.70+ all miles hauling around shorter loads and that's giving up 35% AND god knows what else Schneider logistics skims off the top.
    Just to give an idea of the fortune Roehl is earning off of you.

Dominick253, T_TRUCKER. and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  7. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Man I wish we had that here

Home_on_wheels, Opus and rickybobby Thank this.
  8. Scott72

Apr 7, 2013
    Yea man like I said I know more money is out there. Just doesn't feel like the right time to be jumping companies. You guys have your issues too. Someday..

9. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Yikesss 1.15 for long trips and 1.25 for short? I worked for roehl when i first started driving, my FM was constantly being changed.. Then i had 2 different guys that never communicated and that left me sitting hours and hourssss waiting for loads ect... I couldn't make any money at roehl, it was terrible. I guess picking freight would make things a little better, but 1.15 is terrible.

10. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Runnin multiple short loads everyday would burn me out... Maybe a few a week then the rest 500+ but everyday 3 loads nah

11. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Why would you wish that.. That's not reality trucking...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.