Picking up after shipper/con

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Robbman, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Robbman

Robbman Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I've recently had two shipments of pallets of full soda bottles wrapped in plastic to and from the same shipper/con (both the same company). The first one the forklift driver spilled the pallet as he was still in the trailer. The second time one pallet had spilled on it's own in the front of the trailer. Both times they have come out and told me that I need to go and restack and wrap the pallets. They told me it's my responsibility to make sure the freight is loaded securely at the con. The problem is that they don't allow me in the warehouse while loading and all I can do is secure it from the back with straps. I feel like they should be cleaning up their own mess or get their #@% together in wrapping their pallets better. What can I do here?

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Call your dispatch and let them know before you do anything.

mje Thanks this.
  4. Casual Trucker

Casual Trucker Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2012
    They told me it's my responsibility to make sure the freight is loaded securely
    U should have said amen I Agree Let me give you the phone # of the dipstick that loaded this trailer because my bills indicate SLC so contact your cousin clueless and ask him to come down & help you Re stack it .:biggrin_25523:

mje, Lonesome and camaro68 Thank this.
  5. camaro68

camaro68 Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Tennessee
    Cousin clueless....that's a good one......lol

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.