Pilot/Flying J Crude Hauling???

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by hamboner, Jan 15, 2014.

1. gjcarr03

gjcarr03 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    What are some better paying companies in WY? How much work does Pilot have in WY?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Pilot is running a handfull of crude trucks in the douglas casper area... They have put in a logistics terminal in casper, the one that hauls fuel to the rigs, and it has about 20 people working.

Pilot is paying by the load, under 60 miles was $60 per load.

Taylor/Gibson pays more than pilot, and they pay by the load, plus demerge for when you have to wait. Pay to driver for a haul under 60 miles, is around $80 per load. this will also depend on the owner operator you are working for.

Gazelle which pays by the barrel, for a load between 45 and 60 miles is around $100 a load.

BigJon310 Thanks this.
  4. gjcarr03

gjcarr03 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    They told my husband $300-$400 a day, 5 days a week, and that he could work on his days off if he wanted to. It's for crude. We've got a few options open to us right now, WY, TX or OTR and staying here in PA. I really want to move. Just trying to figure out which will be best for us and give us the most play money. :) This wife/secretary has spreadsheets made up and everything!! We have our favorites, but we're keeping our options open until his Hazmat comes back, which should be any day now.

5. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Gazelle pays $100 for a 45 to 60m load and it's a bad place to work?? That's too bad because the rate seems fair.

6. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    The rate is fair... and over the last 3 months the home office finally recognized the problems in the rockies, and fired the cause of the problems, fixed the equipment, fired all of the buddies he had hired, and started listening to the local drivers. Offered me my job back, but I am happy were I am now, out of the cold and wet, and making good money doing the billing from home. Today it is a negative 20 degrees, sun shinning, with a 10 mph westerly wind...

7. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Yes it sucks today to be outside. I had to go pretrip a truck this am and it was -15 windchill. Thanks for the update on Gazelle!

8. Galatrax

Galatrax Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2021

well idk what they pay in TX or what they pay for hauling crude, but I’m a fuel hauler for them in TN and make 21.50 an hour almost twice the median household income for the area of TN i live in if you include overtime after 40 hrs, grossing about 70k

with the income of my woman working 3 days a week as a nurse household income is a very comfortable 110k and we are both home everyday to enjoy it and the family, 2 days off a week for me and 4 days off a week for her no way I would ever go back over the road again and to be honest no ideas of ever leaving pilot anytime soon as a convicted felon I never thought my life would ever become asCush as it is atm and very glad I’m able to support my family as well as I’m able to

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Reason for edit: More info
    kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.