Pilot In Memphis,TN Closing Down Due To EMINENT DOMAIN!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by mjd4277, Sep 8, 2021.

1. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    That Atlanta Road Pilot was a cluster. It would take about 45 mins just to get into the place. But the Bouldercrest pilot got way worst after the TA closed off Moreland some years back.

The last time I fueled at the Bouldercrest pilot. There were multiple parking spaces that could be use. But had containers, junk trucks, or cars blocking the spaces. I remember after that driver that got killed there and it made it on the first 48. They started closing the back gate at night.

But that truckstop has been a hell hole for years. I remember different companies would tell drivers in orientation to stay far away from there. But to say it should catch on fire is a understatement!!! That place should be bombed below sea level!!! That way all the crackheads, what ever lot lizards are still around there, and the parking lot swindlers won't have anywhere to stay.

drvrtech77 and chevyryder86 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Todd727

Todd727 Light Load Member

Jun 7, 2021
    There is also a new Love's across the state line in AL. Seems Love's has been on a building spree as of late.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Loves announced last year that they are planning on building 40 to 50 locations a year for the next five years

Todd727 Thanks this.
  5. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Its good that loves and pilot are building more fuel stops. But after 6pm when you hit the exit to park. Because you saw a sign for a new truck stop on the exit. And you turn in only to see a 50 parking space 5-8 fuel island fuel stop thats completely full. You say to yourself why did they even bother building such a small place?

I wish pilot and loves would build actual truck stops like TA and flying J use to build!!!

There is no where to park out here after sundown!!!!

Driver shortage my ###, where would all these drivers park if 250k ppl got a cdl by jan 1st?

navypoppop Thanks this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Rhe new loves are much much bigger than before..lots of them are coming with close to if not well over 100parking spaces

navypoppop Thanks this.
  7. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Here is the rub.
    Pilot/Flying J and Loves are building Fuel Stops, not Truck stops. You are expected to stop in, buy fuel, maybe park for an hour or so while you eat and shower, then leave. Therefore no need for hundreds of parking spots.
    Now, if you build a true Truck stop it is believed that there will be hundreds of parking spots for those weary truckers who can't find a FREE parking spot at 1am in the morning. Also, a full service shop with certified mechanics. Plus a sit down restaurant with a 10 page menu to please any palate.

navypoppop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.