Plains All American

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by Whiteout out West, Apr 11, 2024.

1. Whiteout out West

Whiteout out West Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2024
    Howdy,

Been a fuel hauler for Pilot for a while now, just recently got offered a job hauling crude oil by Plains All American. Getting tired of nights and I'm 5+ years from a decent day shift despite what my boss told me to begin with. Haven't done crude but I have been in the oilfields before, so I'm familiar with the environment.

Just curious if anyone can shed light on the company as a whole. Indeed/glassdoor reviews show its a good company to work for overall but wanted more perspectives, thanks.

lual Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    In the oilfield, you want to haul for a first purchaser - someone who’s actually buying the oil. When & if things slow down in the oilfield, all of the smaller third party haulers will slow Down and be jobless before you will.

Not only is Plains a first purchaser, but they own their own pipeline. Other companies (like the one I haul oil for) have stations on Plains pipelines where we drop. It’s a solid company. Another of similar stature is Enterprise.

Like that Hair Club For Men guy, I’m not only an advocate for Plains, I’m also a client. IMG_9837.jpeg Looking forward to my Plains dividend later this month.

4. Whiteout out West

Apr 11, 2024
    Makes sense, thanks for the input. Seems like a solid company, benefits are definitely better than pilot, and I actually would get guaranteed raises every year so I'm pretty sold. I'll also be working less, 5 on 2 off 5 on 3 off, get to pick whatever start time I want so long as it's by 9am. $6k sign-on on bonus to boot.

Deadwood and RockinChair Thank this.
  5. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Hope it works out for you. Always heard good thing about Plains. For me, the 5/2, 5/3 would be a deal breaker. I have seen a spreadsheet on that schedule, long term it’s a lot of unpaid days per year. Very hard for family to make plans unless your coworkers are willing to ‘exchange’ days off with you.

Whiteout out West Thanks this.
  6. Whiteout out West

Apr 11, 2024
    I did the math breakdown of their base commission which is $80k, 10 hours a day. Per hour I'd actually be at $34/hr at plains vs the $32 I'm at now working nights at pilot. Obviously no overtime, but to average 45 hours a week and make 80k aint bad.

I'm at 120k gross working 62 hours on average right now but that many hours isn't sustainable for being an involved father. The schedule I can work around, found a website that shows on a calender every day I have off each year.

silverspur Thanks this.
  7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    There's an app called "shifts" you can load your schedule in.

Screenshot_20240412-000333_Shifts.jpg

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    delete

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.