Please explain this to me... Landstar rates

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by TruckerWife71, Jun 20, 2013.

1. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Keep in mind.Alot of loads on the ''board'' are not ''REAL''..This is an Agent Practice that should be a crime and Prison Time on the agents who do this crap..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerWife71

TruckerWife71 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2013
    There you are, dogcatcher!
    I think it's just fine that she controls your settlement card... but that's just another wife's opinion. ;)
    I don't think my driver is aggressive enough. Looking at a load going to MI, he calls...no answer. Okay... I can see I need to take over. Enough of that nonsense.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  4. TruckerWife71

May 15, 2013
    What the ___ is that??? Fake loads??? That's great... like these drivers don't have enough on their plate...they also have to weed through fake loads. Nice.

landstar8891 Thanks this.
  5. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    I call this ''fishing''.Watch out for this Practice...

6. TruckerWife71

May 15, 2013
    Why do they do this? And is there a way to know for sure if it's a fake load? Don't see us wanting to pull for someone like that...

7. mgille

mgille Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Yes, it does include agent pay. Please contact Mark Gillette at 888 814 5896. I'd like to find out more about what you are asking and give some suggestions and support. Looking forward to hearing from you and thanks for the inquiry.

8. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    They do this because they can and L/S does NOTHING ABOUT IT.They do this to see who will come to them for the ''cheaper'' rate.This will in turn line thier greedy pockets for more money.Or they do it to ''get a feel'' of what BCO's will haul it for..Some do it to line up a truck ''just in case'' the customer calls..Yes it is B/S and UNFAIR to the BCO'S.

That is WHY i want more LAWS and REGULATIONS on Brokers/Agents.We need a fair playing feild.As it stands it is unbalanced and in the favor of the Agents.We need CSA 2010 Scores for Agents.We need ''fines'' placed in order to keep these guys/gals HONEST.Do not let the Agents fool you.You are not there BUDDY.You are a means to an end..Keep that in mind.

It will take a good solid YEAR to know who is Good and who is bad..Keep a black book and jot the agency name down.Keep it for your sake and add anyone to the ''black list'' or ''no haul list''.Also keep a record of the ''good'' ones..In time you will know who is good,who is bad and who is FULL OF ####...

One of my Agents that are good gave me a TONU for 250.00 when her customer cancelledI and i never left the house.I did not have a dime vested.She is a good egg and actually cares for her BCO's.She fights for us and takes NO #### from customers...This is why when she calls me and is desperate,i will take care of her and make her load happen..I will not do it for CVL,CGI,and many more.They are a sorry ### agent.They will shove it up your ### everytime they get a chance.

OOwannaBE Thanks this.
  9. TruckerWife71

May 15, 2013
    Called HPA on one of two identical loads that are on the board to Ft Dodge, IA and was told that the loads aren't available. WTH? But...they are still on there. I haven't even been doing this but for a couple of weeks and I already want to strangle a bunch of these guys. And we are sitting and waiting in PA, still, because the agent for the load we finally found doesn't have his ##### together enough to know what's going on with the load. Seriously? I think you are exactly right about the accountability of agents/brokers. We keep running into fake loads, dropping prices when we call... and stupidity. Got a little help from one that we spoke to, but that's about it.

10. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    HPA is the worst of the worst....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE...Let me ask you..What is husband pulling.?.Where does he want to run and how long for..Give me a feel about what he wants to do and maybe we can help..OZR is here alot and would help him out..But we need more info...

I run alot from NY to IA area and back.This is my money lane...

11. TruckerWife71

May 15, 2013
    Husband is pulling a 53' van. He doesn't care where he runs, really, but he would rather stay along the south and up into the midwest. Part of the reason for that is we live in NW Arkansas, and he would like to be able to get home every now and then. He was going for every other weekend, but it's looking like it's going to be every 3 weeks minimum. we found a great few loads (didn't have great per mile rate, but they would have gotten him home next weekend) and the first one in the leg of trips ended up being that one for HPA and when he called, it "wasn't an available load." Tells me that I don't need to be calling some of these people because he would have gotten a little chew from me. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.