Please help! Broker won’t pay and wants me to pay customers labor costs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TDL Texas, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Two way street.
    Always like usual “ it’s not my fault “ excuses.
    I didn’t receive the email of your bol, I can’t read the customer’s signature clearly, I can’t read the bol clearly (even though the broker supplied it ) you never sent your bank routing number, ( after the third email sending it) “we don’t show you ever pulled a load for us we will have to look in to this and call you back” ( but no return call of course), I know it’s two day pay but the week between Christmas and New Years is a holiday week and so on and so on and so on.
    Oh yea my favorite “ how dare you call us and ask for payment on a 2 day pay load two weeks later”.
    “ We are going to black list you if you keep this up”.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington
    If it's that cold I don't understand why the truck is off in the 1st place?? Water in the fuel kill it or something?

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Get a company job. Being in business is a lot harder than being a driver. Your factoring , that is a big big BIG no no NO NO NO. You need to read the ENTIRE contract and UNDERSTAND the ENTIRE contract.

Next time say give me cash $ right now or no freight for you. Become the freight nazi.

firemedic2816 and SoulScream84 Thank this.
  5. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    Just to help with your vocabulary its a truck, not a car. Also it runs on diesel or fuel, not gas..

Thats always just bugged the heck out of me when people refer to diesel as gas... mostly out of fear someone would put gas in a diesel

6. TDL Texas

TDL Texas Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    My
    My husband was very professional he let the guy finish his yelling and calmly explained his side and apologized for the miscommunication, the guy even smiled and shook his hand. But I did read the rate con again and I guess I misunderstood it, it states that a maximum late fee of 500$ per day and unauthorized delay fees can vary depending upon equipment or crew needed to unload shipment which was a conveyor belt . We are being charged for the entire crews labor for the day, not just the one that unloaded us but the others who assembled the conveyor belt and installed it too.

It’s a loss and a learning experience, we were in the wrong, and were prepared to be charged for it, not the entire rate plus a few thousand, but that’s what they want and we are going to have to pay it...

7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Diesel 911. If you are going to run where it gets cold, carry it.
    Also, certain trucks have a fuel filter gauge. This gauge will tell you how easily the fuel is flowing through the filter, when to change it AND if the fuel is gelling.

God prefers Diesels and lester Thank this.
  8. TDL Texas

TDL Texas Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    A conveyor belt system, shrink wrapped in five pieces

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  9. TDL Texas

TDL Texas Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    We just had the entire fuel system replaced, it was a relay problem.

10. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Longest sentence ever! Please use some paragraphs and punctuation. So after the truck was fixed you couldn't make it a few hours after you said you'd be there? I'd be pissed too. Keep in communication with everybody involved.

I do sympathize with being broke down in the middle of nowhere but you probably should have warm clothing and footwear with you. You eventually walked down the road and got reception, probably should've done that sooner. There had to be other vehicles going by ask one to call for some help so the PD can assist. As far as the rest of it I don't know and/or don't want to comment.

I wish you the best of luck.

11. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Sounds like a real mess. That kind of thing happens in trucking occasionally.

I have to admit some of these guys kind of frustrate me on here. Seriously, you have to whine and complain about punctuation in a sentence and don’t even try to give any decent advice? Why not just say nothing? Nobody forced you to read it. Sounds like they had a rough night in freezing cold working on a truck, yet the guy is at fault for not walking several miles to try to get cell service? Maybe he was more worried about his wife than the load on his back. That doesn’t make him a bad guy in my books.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.