Please help!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by marta12, May 22, 2017.

1. marta12

marta12 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2017
    My husband and I been working with a dispatch company for years. Just now we started getting loads ourselves. Im so sorry for a stupid question but who is responsible for making the POD? I made my own for the last load and the broker didn't like it too much. Also can the BOL is the paperwork that the broker emails you with the rate and the pick up and drop off address ? Thank you for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    say what.jpeg

4. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    POD (Proof of delivery)

Take a picture of the signed BOL and email or fax it. Done.

I use my cell phone. Use the Cam Scanner app. Take a picture,.. it enhances the image. Then converts it to a PDF. Email it to the broker. Done.

No disrespect,.. but a little professionalism and effort goes a long way. If writing to the broker,.. do not type out like a 5th grader as you have here on this forum. Grammar, punctuation, paragraphs,.. all that goes a long way to making the appearance that you are a business minded professional.

Hurst

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  5. marta12

marta12 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2017
    Do you make your own pod?

6. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Comprehension 101.

The signed BOL with the date of delivery is your POD. Take a picture of it. Then email or fax it.

Its basically the same as invoicing,.. except the broker needs immediate POD. Usually because there is money on the line or the customer needs to see it for what ever reason.

Hurst

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Highway_Executive Thanks this.
  7. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    The rate confirmation the broker gives you, usually can not be used as a Bill Of Lading.
    Brokers don't want the amount they paid the truck to be public information.. Someone might get upset...I have used it as Proof Of Delivery, not as a BOL. I removed price, scanned and reprinted.

The BOL usually is provided by the shipper. Once you sign it and the receiver signs it , then it becomes Proof Of Delivery.

If the shipper doesn't provide a BOL, ask the broker to provide a BOL or make your own and have shipper and receiver sign it. Most truckstops have generic BOL forms you can write the required information in. Or download some software to make your own and print it.

Proof of Delivery should have 3 signatures, shipper, yours and the receiver.
    Good luck.

Highway_Executive and Hurst Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.