Please move from the fuel island in a timely manner

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Yorkieman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. saddleup

saddleup Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2011
    magnolia, ky
    thats another reason we fuel at mom and pops fuel stops, cheaper fuel, they always thank you and you get free drink with out having to slide a card to prove you just fueled.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    People who work at trk stops really don't care whos blocking the pumps,they just get on the intercom and pages that driver.I turned a driver in at loves for spending more then a half hr at the pump.If it wasn't such a mess there I would have backed up and waited behind someone else.Him and I exchanged words and the manager at loves didn't do anything.That driver spent more time cleaning his deplorable trk right there and the windows.

4. andre

andre Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    you know, it really depends where this is. there are truckstops where you cannot really pull up anywhere, so you are stuck at the fuel island until you finish your business there. I will generally try to be courteous to everyone I meet, but sometimes the circumstances dictate my behavior, and so when other people are doing these things, I generally think its not because they are dyed in the wool #######. It's because they are stuck doing something that screws someone else over, in which case a healthy amount of patience is the order of the day.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Trk stops where u can't move forward is understandable waiting but not more then 15 minutes after they fuel.It shouldn't take that long to get what u want and go even if the fuel line is long.It never takes me long.I have had trouble with my fuel card so instead of blocking the pump,ill park it then go back inside.

6. Lsv

Lsv Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2013
    PA
    Sadly 99% of them are steering wheel holders who unfortunately are unable to park a rig in a spot. So they take the easy way out.

HalpinUout and Joetro Thank this.
  7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011

It wont help... They had something like this at the pilot in Joplin,MO for a short time while they were working on the pumps, only a couple pumps were in operation so they had a guy out there trying to direct drivers as to which pump to pull up to try and help keep the flow going and help every driver get in and out in a reasonable amount of time, and of course you still had idiots who would fuel then pull up, run in pilot do whatever then run out, run over to MCD's get food over there then coming running back out from MCD's only to give you the 'famous wave" as if they are sorry for making you sit and wait...

8. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Yeah don't fool around with vandalizing stuff. Way better and much more satisfying to just man up and say something.

A dry bulk driver with Mercedes Trucking did that to me at the Jackson, GA Wilco. All the lanes had trucks at the pay line, so I pulled in behind the one truck that still had it's lights on, foolishly thinking he'd be the first to go. I needed reefer fuel, so being able to pull up while fueling is sorta important. That in mind, I took my time before card starting the pump and cleaned my windshield first. I wasn't really in a hurry, but didn't exactly plan on being there a half hour waiting either.

After two trips to the fuel desk and them paging him (no driver to be seen in the store) the dude finally came out. Guess he was back eating at Wendy's or returning some Wendy's in the mens room. Then he had the nerve to lie about how long he'd been in there (yeah dude, it's not like I wasn't RIGHT HERE in view of the door the whole time) and bully up to tell me I needed to slow -my- roll. Really? A few more unkind words and the douchebag got in and left.

The sad part is if he'd have just said "sorry man I didn't realize how long I'd been in there," I'd have laughed it off with him. I didn't really get pissed until he started acting like it was my fault he was in there lollygagging around.

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  9. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    I agree with pretty much all said here, however, probably nobody here does that crap, and many of the ones that do, don't read this, or can't.

10. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    This should be moved to the rant section and merged with one of the many identical threads there.

11. h11way

h11way Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    midwest
    Cowboy's off 75 in northern GA. fueled your truck,washed it and gave u a free meal

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.