Please move from the fuel island in a timely manner

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Yorkieman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Some drivers are just over grown infants with psychotic dispositions .

About all one can do is be thankful they are not like these nuts.

:biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Had to shame a guy today. Too bad it was only me and him on the island. And not inside in front of people

i walked up, knocked on his door. I said, "I pulled up behind you because there were no hoses in your tank and no truck in front of you. I was patient for the 15 min it took to realize you were already in the store and then watch you return to your truck. However you've been sitting here for over five minutes since and still haven't pulled forward. I need to fuel"

uh uh uh I wasn't here that long.

i said, "I've got elogs, let's walk back to my truck and look at when I parked behind you"

told led me to "F--- off" as he was starting his truck.

11 am, near empty parking lot, 7 lanes with pull up, each lane occupied and 5 trucks waiting behind to fuel. So it was packed island, but empty lot.

So I pull up after fueling, a different truck pulls up behind me as go inside. I go straight to counter and wait as clerk is scanning paperwork for another guy. I get my receipt and walk straight back to my truck in less than 5 minutes and the guy behind me revs his engine a bit as I pass.

theres no way he did anything much less fuel in the time it took to get my reciept . Am I supposed to applaude him for not parking on the island before going in, or be po'd that he was being impatient to get to the pull up spot I was currently parked in?

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    no, just get in your truck and go about yer business, he was waiting to pull up get his 2 hot dogs and fountain

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Drivers just don't care.Its like no one exist but that driver.I know a receiver lady like that.

6. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    I was at a Flying J recently, sorry I can't even remember which state, but there was a gal patrolling the fuel island and she had a walkie talkie and calling the fuel desk every time she spotted a truck "parked" at the pump. She was pretty busy. I applauded her and told her to keep up the good work, wished all truck stops did this.

thecleaninglady Thanks this.
  7. jackfrosst

jackfrosst Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2014
    prince george bc canada
    If there's a truck behind you pull out and park. There are many thing's that can happen.
    Maybe 5 mins that time but next time your phone rings, or the person prining your receipt
    Has to replace the printer paper. Its just 5 mins to you but to someone wating it seems
    Way longer. If someone knocked on your door and said your taking too much time, would you get all mad
    And be rude?
    Ya maybe 5 mins is not much time for you. But as you have said 15 or 20 mins is too long for you.
    Everyone sees it differently.
    Avoid the problem before it becomes a problem.
    If your done fueling move.
    Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

8. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    never mind

9. armygatormn

armygatormn Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Montrose, MN
    I make it a point to pull up after I have finished filling up. there have been a couple of times where I have forgot and there are sometimes another truck that has pulled up and even though I hve finished fuelling up they are still in the store. I will go in to get my receipt and maybe something to drink and a snack and when I come back the truck that had been in front of me has moved. I feel embarrassed when that happens. I just blow it off and either get back on the road or pull on the lot and park (depending on if I need to take my break or pull off for the night).

10. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    If one can pull forward, run in get what is needed done and back to truck before guy behind you finishes fueling than no harm and no foul. But if person behind me is parking there just because and I rush out only to find out he to lazy to walk his hefty self into the truckstop then this kinda irks me.

get your fuel, get into the store and get out how hard is it really?

armygatormn and Ann Eiffel Thank this.
  11. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    Good thing I'm not a dictator, dictators tend to shoot people that make them mad. I find that a lot of people make me mad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.