Please move from the fuel island in a timely manner

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Yorkieman, Feb 23, 2014.

1. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Two years ago, right before Xmas, I pulled into Bosselmans at grand Island, pulled right up to the pump, fueled ,washed windows, check oil.
    Got back in to move forward sat there 10 minutes, still couldn’t because Wal tech was parked . Went inside to ask them to page the driver to move, lo and behold , the driver was walking a round the store Xmas shopping,
    So I asked her when she was going to be done, when I’m #### well ready to be done. You can back up, no I can’t there are trucks behind me, not my problem she said.
    Wrong thing to say to me.
    Went and found manager, told them what was going on, Manager went and told her to go move to a parking spot, she refused. then the manager said then your not welcomed to shop here. You fueled so you can leave. Before I call the cops.

Driver then started to SCREAM, im not going to go park my truck , I can’t walk on the ice. In the parking lot, Manager said I will send my pickup out to bring you back to the door.
    By then I was fed up, went back to truck , got her truck # trailer, address where they were located.
    That night got online found the email for the company, and fired off email complaining about her for refusing to move, as well as to do what the manager asked her to do.

Next afternoon, got a reply form the President of the company back, Thanking me for my information, as well as saying how sorry this happened with one of his trucks.
    This wasn’t the first time they had received complaints about this driver. And that they have talked to her twice before, to go park before shopping.
    In the email from the driver was an apology , for blocking the fuel island, and that from now one she will go park before going in to shop.

Yes I have no problems with calling in on some one, if they are going to block the fuel island. It’s just rude , and show how un professional it is.
    If we don't police ourselves who will. If we don't , problems like this, will continue to get worse, and the most anyone wants to do is ##### cry and whine.

armygatormn, Lowa3468 and jackfrosst Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. armygatormn

armygatormn Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Montrose, MN
    What makes it worse is when the fueling lanes are packed six trucks deep for each lane. That is the point in time to fuel up, pull forward, go in and settle up, and then either get back on the road or find a place to park. Holding up progress is inconsiderate, rude, and insensitive. Some of us have are trying to make a living.

Puppage and jackfrosst Thank this.
  4. jbtolsu

jbtolsu Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Marianna, Fl
    I called out a driver at the Loves in Jackson Ga one time. I couldnt pull up as he had me blocked, and I couldnt back out as I had a driver behind me. I went inside and asked the fuel attendant to page so and so company to move his truck. Turned out he was standing there. I asked him to move and he said he was waiting on a comcheck. I asked him then to please park his truck and he said once he got the comcheck he would move. I then got angry and told him he WOULD MOVE HIS TRUCK RIGHT NOW! At this point I figured I would have to take an ##*whipping as dude was bigger than I, but to my delight, he stormed out and moved his truck.

5. Road_Kill

Road_Kill Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Austin, Tx
    I'm not in the industry yet and am trying to get information even about the most off-the-wall things truckers must deal with. This forum is a blessing in that regard. Just out of curiosity, how often is this a problem? I guess a good way to ask the question would be, for every 100 times you need fuel, how many times, typically, do you run across this behavior?

I'm a live and let live-type of guy, but blatant disregard for others is a button of mine. Thanks!

6. Ann Eiffel

Ann Eiffel Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Happens all the time. Fuel at "non peak" times and youll be fine. And if ya work at a micro managing company that tells you when and where to fuel - move on....

Road_Kill Thanks this.
  7. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Some places there's no such thing as off peak time, lmao.

One time I got to the Love's in Toms Brook, VA and there was no wait. I asked on the CB if they were even open for fueling as it was totally unusual for there not to be 2-3 trucks in line.

8. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Was it Xmas day or something... That place always has a wait.

9. armygatormn

armygatormn Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Montrose, MN
    I once stopped at a fuel lane and the guy in front of me had gone inside his truck and sat there for 30 minutes before moving and I had to wait for him to move so I could get back on the road. I understand we all have to take our federally mandated break but not by holding up the trucks behind you. Whether you drive a big rig or hotshot, we all are working and have cargo to move.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.