Pohl Transportation lies to all new hires!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by chasgarb1968, Jul 14, 2013.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    The best thing to do which I have already mentioned in the other thread you created on this company is find another job.Don't think this is worth pursueing with lawyers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    22 years and you are crying over a few dollars in detention money. Dude take one for the team. You are new and dispensable. They can fire you and probably end up charging you with the cost of bringing you into orientation. Hotel, and transportation if that was provided, and it will be more then what they owe you. Most companies have a limit to how much detention they will pay you. Read the find print and I'm sure you will find it. No need to cry over spilled milk. Getter done and trust nothing any trucking company say's until you get the cash in your hand.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  4. chasgarb1968

chasgarb1968 Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2013
    I think trucking companies that do their drivers like this should be put out of business. They sure didn't act like this when we were in orientation. They talk about their drivers like they mean something. Guess that's all just talk.

5. chasgarb1968

Jul 13, 2013
    It figures that someone would say I was crying about it, That's why truckers are treated the way they are. Thanks for your input Dinomite. You must be a real trucker huh? Good Day! I was just making a point about Pohl

6. chasgarb1968

Jul 13, 2013
    Oh yea one more thing $170.00 is still $170.00 where I'm from.

7. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    $70 makes sense to me. You sat for 17 hours. I'm sure they subtracted 10 hours as your "off duty" time. I don't know any company that pays drivers for line 1. Bottom line is if ya don't like it find another job. With 22 years of experience you should be a longtime done with the shady companies.

I wouldn't bother talking to the owner. You'll be labeled as a "whiner". That will not help your situation.

Lonesome and Dinomite Thank this.
  8. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    All that for 1 load???? I'd be happy to take the 70 bucks. Maybe you should consider that mistakes like that are going to happen, and if the shipper decides at the last minute to give the load to someone else, then it's out of your dispatcher's hands. Most companies I have been with, they would calculate detention up to a certain point, like 7 or 8 hours, then if its like 17 hours or so, they will take the 10 hour break out of it. I have had some complaints about companies before, but give the company a year to 18 months, and if they have a pattern of really screwing you around on stuff like your base pay, and being able to run legal vs. forced to run illegal, or the safety of the company's equipment( you know, like tires, brakes, etc, (sorry but a/c isn't a safety item!)), THEN take one of your days off and THINK hard and long about whether to stay or turn in the keys. None of these companies are going to be perfect, there's places like Helwig or KTS that are expanding and looking to pay experienced driver good $$$ per mile to drive, or others like jb hunt or swift that are big meat grinders. If you repeatedly quit companies because of 1 load, then it's not going to look good on your job record when you do find a good outfit to hire on with.

davistev and Dinomite Thank this.
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    To me, $70.00 is better than $0.00 anytime. Were you due for your break?

10. jeremygray76

jeremygray76 Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Lizemores, WV
    Anyone with any new info on Pohl? They are on my shortlist and dont see anything but bad info about them on here. Thanks in advance.

11. Trucking queen

Trucking queen Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    They are a good company to work for i have worked for them now for 2 years home most weekends and great miles

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.