Poll-Do you smoke?? Did you know its healthy???

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Baack, Nov 6, 2009.

Do you smoke

1. *

Yes

35.1%
  2. *

No never

22.2%
  3. *

Quit in the last 5 years

13.0%
  4. *

Quit longer ago than 5 years

13.0%
  5. *

I will never quit

3.2%
  6. *

Am I sorry I ever started

8.1%
  7. *

I am a occasional social smoker

8.6%
  1. flannel

flannel Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Wayne MI
    I'm happy to say i've quit smoking july 14 2008 and now I go to the gym lift weights for about an hour-hour and a half and walk about a mile to a mile and half I sometimes feel like a 20 year old now!!!...Best decision I ever made!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Quit in march of 09....If I don't start feeling better soon, I'm gonna start smoking again !!!!
    This 30 pounds I gained -sux big time.......

4. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
  5. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I attribute the fact that I'm not locked up for life, or riding the dath penalty train fro going completely berserk and slaughtering diots with a dull letter opener and a broken pizza cutter, to the fact that I started smoking when I was 12, and haven't quit since. By the way, I'm now 34 and can outwork non-smokers 10 years younger than me. And I get outworked by guys twice my age who smoke! As far as any attempt to outlaw cigarrettes, don't see it happening. Cause Prohibition worked out so well, yeah?

Mess with my smokes, and I refuse to be responsible for the resulting carnage. I'm OUT!

6. wildbill123

wildbill123 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    SE,MI
    I'll quit smoking when non smokers quit farting. Nothing like a cigarette to get rid of all that gas at one time, unlike the non smokers who insist on spreading their farts out amongst the masses a little at a time.:biggrin_25524:

7. Grandiego

Grandiego Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Same goes for alcohol and cigarettes...If you have to have it continuously throughout your day, you are an addict...and weak.

8. LoneWolf14

LoneWolf14 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Franklin,NC
    I quit back in 2006 when found out my wife was pregnant with our daughter. Haven't smoked since.

BigRigRick Thanks this.
  9. virgil tatro

virgil tatro Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus montana
    I grew up living on the road traveling in an old school bus with my family as migrant workers transients or what ever we may have been called at the time..MY mom and dad and oldest sister were all smokers I was the only boy I had the top bunk my parents smoked anything that would burn roll your ownes or what ever only legal...the bus was a constant haze of smoke over the years all the smoke created many health problems for me chronic ear infections,thus leading me to lose 60 percent of my hearing due to deterioration of my ear drums and all of my inner ear bones...In 2003 i had surgery on my left ear and april of 2004 had surgery on my right ear..God bless Dr kennedy in billings montana I can hear...My mom passed away in 1996 from lung cancer she was 53...Dad died in 2003 from multiple strokes from smoking he was 79...Im 36 never used any type of tobacco,, Had my fill of second hand smoke over the years..

10. BigRigRick

BigRigRick Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    I started smoking before I started school (really). The single hardest thing I've done in my life was to quit smoking (on my 40th birthday) after several failed attempts for several years. It was also one of the most rewarding, I believe.
    However, I do not agree that people who choose to smoke should be villified and restricted to the extent that they are in most instances. I was okay with the non-smoking sections, personally. Just my opinion, but I've been a big fan of individualism and personal freedom since my first Ayn Rand essay loooooong ago.

11. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Does smoking the tires on my pickup count?????

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.