Poll for Favorite Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Jdnelson1999, May 8, 2020.

Your Favorite choice for Truck Stop? This includes Fuel, Restaurants, Showers, Parking, other amenit

1. Flying J Travel Plaza

22.2%
  2. Love’s

37.0%
  3. Petro Stopping Center

25.9%
  4. TA’s

7.4%
  5. Pilot

11.1%
  6. QuikTrip

18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Actually QuikTrip (QT) has the best food selection out of all the options in the poll. Unfortunately, they’re not your typical truck stop. They’re very small and don’t have showers (that I have noticed).

LoSt_AgAiN Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

You should try the showers in Sapp Bros and Little America. Those truck stops are small but are very well made and maintained. I remember taking a shower at the Sapp Bros in Omaha. Man, those showers were the bomb.

4. Life on Wheels

Life on Wheels Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2019
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    The TA in Barstow, CA has sentimental value to me. That was the first truck stop I ever spent the night at. I can still remember walking through the parking lot that night past all the idling trucks and thinking that this was better than Disney World (full disclosure: I've never been to any Disney park). I got there late and had to park all the way in the back, so it was a long walk to the store. Any time I'm driving down I-15, I stop there even if I don't need to.

PE_T Thanks this.
  5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    The ones so dirty you can smell the way to the bathroom?

6. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Kwik trip. The other one. Showers are usually small but the cooked and fresh food selection more than makes up for it. We don’t fuel there so I got to pay for showers but they are only 8 bucks and being able to stock up on beef and pork makes it worth the stop.

PE_T, JC1971 and DrFlush Thank this.
  7. reefertank

reefertank Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Eastern Oregon
    Oogallal, NE Wal-mart. Not really a truck stop, but plenty of parking and easy access, right next to the highway. Its a nice small walmart... hate the big ones. And a chevrolet station that has a mexican joint in Tremonton, UT that beats Chipotle in price... tastes the same. If you don't like chipotle burritos, there is a denny's, Micky D, Burger King, and Wendy's all within walking distance.

8. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Oh, you must talking about the mega travel centers in a hot day that smell like a portable toilet. Loves has some of the nastiest showers. You can scrape the filth off the shower floors at quite a few of them. How to you clean and sterilize a shower in less than : m in n?. You can’t. Watch sometime if last person left the towels in shower they will use the towels to wipe down shower and toilet and sink. Yeah keep praising the big stops. With that said I use my own towels and showers and room get sprayed down with Clorox bleach solution. Because there are some nasty ####ing pigs out here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.