Portable Air Conditioner in cab?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by DanielleMaC, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Dont run ethanol gas and that problem should be eliminated. I run one 87 octane dinosaur fuel and no issues. Don't even bother with fuel stabilizers, I just drain the carb. Honda's have drain screw on bottom of carb, other engines just shut off fuel and run carb dry

flood Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Switch is off on choke. No fuel switch.

I can't remember if I bought ethanol free or not.

4. TillLindemann

TillLindemann Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2020
    Hey, so you are saying about high degrees in your portable Air conditioner? Since I got a problem with temperature of my portable Air conditioner (he got damaged cause of the high temperature and the small was really bad) and it was bad because I got really pissed cause of that, so since that situation I have searched about it on different forums where I found an article about repairing my air conditioner so since then I solved that problem and the service was great cause of the price and quality of it.

5. RonRonald

RonRonald Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    I have a LG LP1017WSR 115V and put it on the RV. It works perfectly, and about 8,000 BTU (perhaps higher) portable can run on the generator. I recommend units with evaporation systems over portable ones with hoses. You don't have to worry about how to install the hose.

scottied67 and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    That’s the problem I had with a one hose type. 8000 btu, running on a Chinese 2000 watt generator. Also had a problem with drainage. Misting on evaporator didn’t work well, it leaked water, and would quit working when not level. Ok at night, for sleeping, but otherwise a piece of junk. Going to throw it away.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.