Portable Washing Machine on the truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by redoctober83, Aug 22, 2016.

1. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I was worried about that, the clothes being stiff, but by using fabric softner in the rinse water, everything including the underwear has come out night and soft after hang drying. Usually what gets you the stiff and crunchy clothes after hang drying is that all the soap wasn't washed out. Most people don't recognize that. I grew up with both my grandparents hanging clothes out on a clothes line to dry.

cnsper and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    My grandma and mother both hung clothes out considering I only do one load a week and also when I was OTR I didn't use much money to wash and dry my clothes and always bobtailed to a laundromat.I learned not to trust those truckstop machines.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  4. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I don't get it... I just carry a few sets of sheets and a bunch of clothes. Lasts me for about 2-3 weeks, changing everything when it gets dirty. Home about once every month so I either do laundry at home when I'm there or stop at one of our OC's and get it done there for free.

Seems like you could have spent that money on extra sheets/shirts/pants/thongs and not have this problem either? Unless you don't ever take hometime, in which case, yeah this is neat.

MrsWJAA, LindaPV, tommymonza and 2 others Thank this.
  5. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I usually got home about every 2-3 months. I have no reason to see the parents that often, LOL. So this truck is basically my home, that's why I got what I did. Otherwise you would be correct, if I was going home every 4 weeks then I would wait and do laundry when I got home.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Alright, yeah that's very fair then. It is a really neat idea.

I'm at the big pumpkin and almost all our OC's have free laundry. Don't know what it's like for you. Of course I try to avoid OC's like the plague, so....

7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Someday if I ever put together my own sleeper a Quality washer/dryer combo like was in my dad's Monaco Coach would be on the wish list.

Load it and forget it until it's done and dry.

Parents went all over the country for 10 years and 120 thousand miles including Alaska and never had a problem with it.

My mom loved it, said if they were available 40 years ago everyone of us 8 kids would have had one in our closet to do our own laundry.

MrsWJAA and redoctober83 Thank this.
  8. gdyupgal

gdyupgal Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Montana/Watford City,ND
    I have this exact lil machine but I use it in my horse trailer when I'm camping for more then a week...it does great but you will find that it takes qquite a bit more then 5 gal to get your cloths good & rinced & the lil spinner is AWSOME :*D

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Too much work, you have to find good clean water and not the "gray" water , then you have to get rid of the water, ugh.
    You'd be better off getting married and making her do it

gdyupgal Thanks this.
  10. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I just left the pumpkin patch a couple months ago so I know what you mean. I have my own authority now, so it's really either parent's house for laundry or the truck stop. There is one carrier I pull there trailers fir that I have access to there laundry facilities, but they have 3 terminals and I'm never near them. Like you I try to avoid terminals if I can.

pattyj and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  11. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Kudos to you, man. I thought you were still there. Are you with CRST now?

pattyj Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.