Portable Washing Machine on the truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by redoctober83, Aug 22, 2016.

1. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    So far that has been enough for me to get the soap rinsed out and I've done a couple more loads since I took that video. But that was one of my worries getting the soap out. Let's just say my very first load, which was 3 towels, I had used he soap and I was chasing suds forever trying to rinse the soap out. I had tried my first load at home just incase to make sure I knew what I was doing. I've since changed the soap up and that has helped a lot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    CRST :biggrin_2551: No, I run under my own authority now. I am currently pulling prime trailers since they keep giving me good paying loads, but I'm running under my own dot numbers while doing that.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    So far I've been good at finding the clean water to wash my clothes with. As dumping, the water, well let's just say I'm doing my part to clean up some of theses truck stops :biggrin_255:

I'll pass on getting married, they're to expensive in the long run compared to the cost is this little machine, lol.

MrsWJAA, skellr, Friday and 3 others Thank this.
  5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I knew it was one of those "other" big guys.... my error & apologies. If I were younger, and starting out, I'd pull for Prime. I'm one of the 'few' lucky ones running asphalt for a 'small' company here in Ohio. That's awesome, tho. I totally love that machine. Totally. Why didn't I have one 16 years ago when I was OTR???? You could actually buy those in bulk and market them. I think it's amazing. I love clean. Tide and Downy = happy!!

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  6. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

In whatever space your wash-I-matic takes, you could have extra clothes. I was so against truck stop laundry I would buy new clothes first. Got to a point I had a months worth with me. More clean clothes at home to grab. New drawers, socks and shirt every day. Jeans go for two days (more probably if you're a dude, just sayin'). I was scared of the washers at truckstops. Scabies. Lice. Ringworm. Can't trust the place to have hot enough water to kill that. And no bleach for me. Black t-shirts ONLY.

gdyupgal, tucker and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^^ ah... women. Always a reason for NEW CLOTHES, LoL!~

LindaPV and redoctober83 Thank this.
  8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Oh, no worries. I was unlucky and had started my career at crst. I wish I had known about prime because I would have been there since day one. That's ok, I eventually made it there and have found them to be a great place to work at and now work with.

9. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Being I'm a guy, I hate shopping! I tend to stay or 3 months or more at a time. That's way more space then my little washing machine takes up on my truck. You are right though, I have issues trusting the machines at the truck stops as well. Usually I would wipe them down with clorox wipes before I would wash or dry.

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Ummmmmmmmmm, not sure if I have no life, or your video was that interesting.

But did I just watch a truck driver wash his clothes for 14 minutes?

Anyway, very interesting, I mean you had me intrigued on a machine I'll probably never have a use for, but still watched it all.

Very good video driver. Very good.

tucker and redoctober83 Thank this.
  11. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Well the actual wash time was about 20-30 minutes, but yes you just did, lol. Thanks!

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.