Portable Washing Machine on the truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by redoctober83, Aug 22, 2016.

1. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

By the way some of y'all look, it wouldn't hurt you to hit the work clothes section in Wal-Mart the next time you're shopping for Spagetti-o's! :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Come now, I like my pj and flip flop look with the holy shirt ;) just kidding. I dress professional when I'm out of my truck. The pj's are only when the curtains are up.

LindaPV Thanks this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You mean you used what a total of10 gallons of water only on three towels?No wonder your laundry bill was so expensive at truck stops.

5. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I have spent a lot of time on small sailboats at sea with no laundry facilities in sight..

Problem with dirty clothes is they get smelly and moldy if you leave them for a month or better in a bag. All it takes is one damp item in the bag and the mold starts.

Someday I hope to be out 90 days at a time in a truck
    I have a complete phobia of laundry mats after seeing the slobs that bring crap in that most would throw in the trash, and than put them in the same machines that I would wash my bedding in.

GROSS. Bad enough having to crap and shower with a thousand other guys a week .

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I always washed my clothes once a week sometimes a little longer but no more then two weeks.I'd wear the same clothes till they got dirty.I still do that at home to conserve on water.

7. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I can get 4 to 6 days out of pants depending on what I have been doing. Mom taught me that when I was young.

New underwear , socks and a shirt everyday though. Sometimes 2 shirts in a day if it's hot out.

Towels would be the big problem, you can use them 3-4 times and than they start to get a little funky.
    Plus their bulky and will mold if thrown in a bag so cleaning them is key.
    Back before people became complete gross slobs 25 years ago.

I worked at a company building big Sportfishing yachts out on the Outerbanks of NC getting really dirty.

Asked where the laundry mat was . Guy that worked there said screw the laundry mat go to goodwill.
    The clothes were all freshly washed and wrinkle free.
    Pair of Levi's were a quarter a nice shirt a dime.

I live down in South Florida but getting ready to go up north. I have no jeans or stuff warm.

Went to goodwill and bought 300 dollars worth of jeans for 15 bucks.

pattyj Thanks this.
  8. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    No I used less then that at home to try this machine out before I took it out on the truck. It was a test run with the 3 towels was all.

pattyj Thanks this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I watched your video.That's a very good price for that machine.As long as yoyre satisfied and happy with it that's all that matters.Come winter where you going to dump water so it doesn't turn into a sheet of ice that some unfortunate soul runs into?

10. redoctober83

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    I can put the water back into my 5 gallon buckets, but making a sheet of ice sounds like fun ;)

tucker and tommymonza Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Listen to him,lol.Not for the other person I imagine,lol.

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.