Possesion of alcohol tickets

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by midget28, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    I can tell you honestly that I never drank until I turned 21. I don't care for beer, I might have had 6 in 3 years. Yes I am only 24 years old. I did do some pretty stupid stuff when I was 20 years old. Just glad I never got caught. First off I am not going to say that you messed up. Let's think of it as a learning curve. Now you learned what not to do. If the police listed it as a "Traffic Violation" then you will have to tell your employer about it. Never fun when you have to do that. Like Gashauler said, there are companies out there that will hire you. Seeing how the economy is right now and now with your two "Traffic Violations" on your record you might not get the job that you would like to have as your number one choice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scuby

Scuby Heavy Load Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Midget28 the problem is you drank while underage and suing the LEO is a bad idea for 2 reasons. First where drunk and yes you can be drunk with 2 drinks in you. Second your under 21 and in the age group that more times than not do stupid things. Yes I was 18 when I had my first beer, but I was also in the Air Force at that time. I'm also guessing you have a Class B CDL and anyone who has a CDL whether its a Class A or B is held to a higher standard than the average driver because they are professional in the the eyes of the Federal Government,even tho the Labor Dept. disagrees. A .04 is basically one drink and a CDL holder is can be considered legally drunk at .02 whether or not they are behind the wheel of a vechile.

4. Owner's Operator

Owner's Operator Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Chicago IL

I wouldn't worry about it. Most trucking companies require no DUIs within the last 5 years. What you got were not DUIs. Do know how many truckers are out here with really long rapsheets? There are ex cons out here who served hard time. Just don't expect to get into Canada (not that you want to go there anyways.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.