Post flatbed load photos here V2.0

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by leftlanetruckin, Feb 18, 2014.

1. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    I've taken a bunch of it to both landfills and mines. A few of the mines only once. You know, some places you just don't want to go back to.

Tug Toy, cke, whoopNride and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014

Don't forgo the eggs yolks. The fat will help to balance your blood sugar so you don't spike and crash. If you are over weight look into NSNG. Vinnie Tortorich. You'll lose weight and feel better.

If you are dealing with heat don't let yourself become dehydrated. I like to take my shirt off and dunk it in a bowl of water and throw it back on. Keeps me cool for 30-60 minutes, sometimes longer depending on the temps. Drink plenty of water on top of that. Heat stroke is dangerous.

As for tarping the load, it doesn't look bad. If, before you start tying down the sides, you do a better job and pulling it tight front to back it will keep things tighter going down the road, but you're a beginner, I'm not trying to be critical.

While you are up there, especially on something that you can fall through, don't be ashamed to crawl rather than walk as you are positioning the tarp. It's easier, it's less likely you'll fall off or fall through, it's just safer. Helps if you have any fear of heights too, not sure if that's an issue for you.

Tug Toy, beastr123, kylefitzy and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    IMG_5982.JPG

Stopped n got what I came for.

PPDCT, Zeviander, bigguns and 17 others Thank this.
  5. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Tug Toy, SAR, snowman_w900 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Looks slightly over height....:biggrin_25522:

PPDCT, Tug Toy, SAR and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    IMG_5987.JPG

57' for tomorrow. Canton MA, west bridgewater MA, warwick ri.

fargonaz, PoleCrusher, stwik and 8 others Thank this.
  8. basedinMN_

basedinMN_ Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    St Paul, MN
    First oversize load! A walking bridge. Initially loaded 18 inches over the front of the trailer to make 7 ft rear overhang as specified on the permits. Very first turn leaving the shipper I did this to my headache rack. Shoulda seen that coming. So I backed right back into the shipper to have them shift the bridge plush to the front of the deck. Thus I ran over 1 ft longer on the back overhang all the way from MN to UT, but didn't get ticketed!

Attached Files:

PPDCT, PoleCrusher and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Oh I feel your pain. My Columbia has an abnormally long wheelbase and with the 5th wheel all the way back I can take 3 feet of overhang in the front. I measured twice to be sure.

1st turn my 15' straight air line caught the bottom of a steel beam and ripped it off my truck haha.

Live and learn.

Tug Toy and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  10. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Was that an "owie" on your headache rack from the load? My condolences. My headache rack looks very much the same, from the previous owner having a load of drill pipe slide forward.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  11. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Loaded this today. Man I hope it doesn't slide.
    20180904_173925.jpg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.