Post flatbed load photos here V2.0

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by leftlanetruckin, Feb 18, 2014.

1. PSM379

PSM379 Heavy Load Member

Apr 19, 2019
    the truck got chained down after this picture If that’s what you are referring too.

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, booley and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Sounds like my FNG. He grew up in the truck he drives every day. It’s 3 years older than he is. His father drove it off the lot new when I bought it. He jumps in that old thing and goes to work and you just cannot mop the grin off that kids face.

CAXPT, beastr123, D.Tibbitt and 3 others Thank this.
  4. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Finally got my "new trailer"

Ended up getting strung into building a 232 and a 222 today that I drug around the yard. Which having 100+ft of trailer behind you is eye opening

But I have my 2+1, training wheels with these guys basically. Which after long enough they will evaluate me for other things.

Brings total length to 86ft

But next load is feather light so booster gets stacked

IMG_20220826_094903_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20220826_141225_HDR.jpg IMG_20220826_133051_HDR.jpg

CAXPT, Rugerfan, PoleCrusher and 8 others Thank this.
  5. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Those 2+1 always catch my eye. They are a for sure west coast thing.

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  6. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    West coast booster and coffin box? I've never pulled one, but I am curious how weight distribution works out with and without booster.

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 6 others Thank this.
  7. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Honestly we are going to learn that together because.

I have shim plates.

But in theory we have an extra airline that runs from the main trailer to the booster that actually equalizes all of the bags so I'm going to see how that plays out.

For this particular combination everyone keeps telling me that usually like for an excavator they will load it all the way to the back and then put the boom forward.

And I'm going to see how that plays out honestly.

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  8. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Yeah....

They just started adding flips to the fleet like when I started they didn't have any flips at all.

Cuz everything here is West Coast setup except those now.

But because I'm a West coast based driver instantly I get the stinger style. But also that fact alone puts me ahead of the guys with flips for anything bigger. Because all of the bigger things are similar to that.

And to be honest I find a 2+1 entirely bizarre.

Because you would think there are a thousand ways to do this easier.

And it seems a bit extreme for one extra axle.

But West coast be what it be.

9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    If u ever run into the wrong dot officer, he is going to say that middle rock is "unsecured" because the chain is sitting above it.. What i use to do when they would load 3 rocks in side by side , which was rare for me. I had these little 4x4 blocks that i cut to about 6 inches long. Stand them straight up, one end on the rock and the other end with the chain on top of it so u are getting downpressure on that middle rock directly from the chain..if that makes any sense.. I wish i had a pic but its all on my old phone...on the longer trips u might notice that middle rock wanting to walk forwards or backwards a couple inches but nothing crazy. Happened to me a couple times until i figured out the block trick.

U shouldnt have any problem the way it is and honestly in the #### hits the fan scenario the blocks aint gonna do much, but keeps the dot man from saying its un secured . we had a new guys that ran into that ahole dot one day and got written up for it in montana at the kalispell scale just outside the quarry.. Of course i detoured thru the residentials to bypass the scale like always.. @God prefers Diesels

CAXPT, Rugerfan, PoleCrusher and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.