Post flatbed load photos here V2.0

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by leftlanetruckin, Feb 18, 2014.

1. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Fun story. A load Similar to that is the closest I've come to ending up dead while driving. loaded outside of Emporia, Ks possibly the same place. My Blocks were slightly larger at 4 per stack, loaded on 4x6 standing tall. First mistake but the loader refused to load on the 4" side because of his thick forks. I had to unload them and they are a pain right on the deck. I had two 4" straps per stack, spaced out just like yours are.

So there I was cruising down Ks-68, minding my own business. There is a car on the shoulder on the other side of the highway, As I'm approaching them, doing 65-70, they do a u-turn right in front of me and STOP. They had missed their turn onto a side road, did a u-turn then had to wait for traffic to clear to make a left. Thank God there was only one car coming (they must have done a u-turn in front of them also), they only had to wait a few seconds and then I had a clear lane. I stabbed the brakes and then got right back off of them because my lane was clear. When I stabbed the brakes the blocks rolled and I broke 3-4 straps. If they didn't get out of the way, and I had stayed hard on the brakes I would have ended up under that load.

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 8 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I know what you're saying. Just like a load of pipe with no chokers. I did think about it, but the rock is so crooked and jagged, it's pretty locked in. Of course I wouldn't expect DOT to take a common sense approach though!

Did you have to cross a wash with a cattle guard?

Also, Jesus!

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im glad u posted that pic , put a smile on my face. Had a lot of fun running those rocks. Seems like a lifetime ago now that i decided to move on to bigger things

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  5. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    How are those things going by the way? You happy with your decision?

6. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I remember something about a blue gate, don’t let the cows out. But that’s just Kansas in general. Weighed in and out at this elevator. Now it looks like they might have their own scale at the quarry. We called it Cottonwood Falls. 45E21B6F-B5C4-4DDC-9137-32FB5612DD36.jpeg

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yeah man its great. just prioritizing the things that matter in life like family time. I wouldnt have it any other way. I havent quite figured out the money part yet, but its a work in progress. Everybody i know says im a completely different person, more relaxed and happy all the time. Which i would agree. Going out on my own, now that i got the hang of all the paperwork and record keeping and just general business stuff , it has completely changed my perspective on life and how to go about it. Finally enjoying life for what it is, rather than just chasing money all the time thinking its going to make me happy...theres nothing better than pulling the rig into the yard at home then going in the house to spend time with the people i love... The first time ive ever been able to do that since i started driving.. The only part that royally sucks is its incredibly hard to find work down in the southwest for this trailer and ive been having to dradhead to the midwest just to get on some stuff i can actually make money on.. But currently just trying to gameplan how to get away from these brokers and find my own customers.. I definatly have some ideas im gonna try out... U know how it goes , its all trial and error

CAXPT, Rugerfan, PoleCrusher and 9 others Thank this.
  8. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    If you play your cards right to could haul even bigger rocks! E9D6941C-7561-41D2-9562-17EF9483157F.jpeg

Tug Toy, CAXPT, Rugerfan and 11 others Thank this.
  9. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    This place is Southeast of Cottonwood Falls.

Screenshot_20220826-210011_Maps.jpg

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 2 others Thank this.
  10. God prefers Diesels

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Glad to hear it.

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  11. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Someone mentioned a few threads elsewhere he found old tractors, bought them on his return loads then sold them to vintage collectors, maybe think and see what your area has thats worth $ in the midwest, buy it yourself, pick, deliver and collect the money from that, then run your loads back to the house for good money?

CAXPT, PoleCrusher, Kyle G. and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.