Post flatbed load photos here V2.0

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by leftlanetruckin, Feb 18, 2014.

1. GOV'T_Trucker

GOV'T_Trucker Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2011
    Man I hated loads like this... I used to haul lots of I-Beams and Lintels to brick layers and man did those loads suck.. Multiple stops (8-12 different construction site locations) so I had to load it in the order I was delivering the loads otherwise you would end up with all the rest of the loads on one side of the trailer which wouldn't have been good.. Then you have to figure out how to get everything strapped... I would have small piles of lintels in the middle where strap wouldn't touch if you just threw the strap over the load.... I would do things like feeding straps under part of the load to go over the shorter stacks in the middle, I would add wood to the top of stacks so I could put the strap over them for down pressure, I would make bulk heads out of wood for some of the stuff to stop from forward movement plus much more.. I had to be very creative with the way it was loaded on the trailer and secured.. The guy who use to load me seemed impatient as I would very meticulous about everything, until I explained him one day that I am the one driving down the road with this and not him.. If I wasn't happy with it then I wasn't leaving.. The amount of straps I had to use far out numbered the weight of the load. I am glad I don't do this anymore...!!!!!!!

skellr and tsavory Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. old iron

old iron Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Northern Wi
    I drove for a concrete block plant years ago. Open deck work. Cable boom trucks or flat bed trailer and piggyback.
    When I started the boom trucks just had a removable webbed net on the sides. Not a strap on the truck. The deck was raised a few inches on each side to keep the block rattled to the center. It wouldn't have been so bad in a local 20 mile delivery setting but we covered all of N. Wi, parts of the U.P, and Mn North shore. Rough *** roads to say the least. It was nothing to stop 3-4 times and straiten up the load.
    Brick was the worst. It depended on the texture. Some kinds locked together nice, but the smoother ones could shake out in a matter of minutes. And they were small enough to go under or through the curtain.
    We was all happy when the nets got outlawed and we had to go to winches and straps.

tsavory, skellr and Ruthless Thank this.
  4. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Got a couple from yesterday/today.

Picked this one up yesterday and delivered this morning. Gross 130,140 lbs:

130140 Super B.jpg

Picked this up right after and delivered to a yard which was operating well beyond their capacity:

Canfor Super B.jpg

Other than backing out onto the street from a too-small yard, I'm quite enjoying running trains.

Sleepy68, skellr and Dye Guardian Thank this.
  5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I take it you can lock the rear trl. to back up then, just not make a corner turn back up lded.?

6. sprayed150

sprayed150 Light Load Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Fort Lauderdale Fl
    had an easy load from long beach to dallas last week. 5 of our trucks there, everyone else got 2 20ft long 6 wide, boxes that on dunnage put them at 13ft 4in. i got these. 8 boxes, under 8k lbs. 10 min to strap and tarp total. 8.3 mpg @ 65 the entire was down 10/20/35

Attached Files:

Sleepy68 and Dye Guardian Thank this.
  7. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    You talking about the trains? No.

8. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    They're great, aren't they? Hahah.

Zeviander Thanks this.
  9. Zeviander

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Lock it up? Nope. The front trailer has a second fifth wheel. Backing a set of trains requires a whole lot of patience while you learn the mechanics of it. It's very sensitive compared to a single trailer. And the second trailer goes in the opposite direction you'd think it would (because the front one pushes it the opposite way).

10. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I knew you had the second 5th wheel. Kinda like when I had my multi axle setup.
    Had trk. 5th wheel, jeep 5th wheel then the stinger was a pivot unit. I could pin it so the stinger didn't turn, So then just had to deal with the 2 pivot points up front..
    I thought some trains had a air pin lock to allow a straight back deal..

11. Zeviander

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    That would be an amazing option. HAHA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.