Post flatbed load photos here V2.0

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by leftlanetruckin, Feb 18, 2014.

1. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dye Guardian

Dye Guardian Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    Hey now I'm getting 91k in hardwood ATM, those rocks are from yesterday.

But yes, the rocks were about 31k lbs.

4. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I apologize, it was yesterday that you were slacking.:p

Chewy352 Thanks this.
  5. Dye Guardian

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    Hey now, the hammer was down and I got #### done!

tsavory Thanks this.
  6. GOV'T_Trucker

GOV'T_Trucker Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2011
    I haven't seen flatbed trains with lockers.. But I have seen reefer and dry-van b-trains with a way to lock the trailer.. I don't think it's for backing up around corners, I think it's mostly to keep you straight when backing up in a straight line only.. I have seen it on food service b-trains (Sysco, GFS etc..) and I have seen it on Tim Horton's b-trains.. It's a bar shaped like an "L", that slides into the side of the pup trailer with the straight bar going to the lead trailer...

I'd love to switch to b-trains if anything ever happens to with my current job... I am a little worried about backing up especially when it's around a corner, in a building or other hard areas.. I mean I have been in areas with my trailer where it was tough to get out, I can only image what kind of crappy predicaments you can get yourself into with this setup.. I would guess most of the time your always driving in and driving out in a place rather then backing up but this is trucking and there is always surprises... I am sure you get used to it after a while, but just for the first bit you'd have to look like a newbie driver all over again lol..

I did venture into trying out the b-trains when I first got my licence.. Not on the roads but at the driving school. They had a set of trains at the yard, for people who were passing all the other stuff (parallel park, blind side back etc..) easily and wanted to try them out.. So I was one of those people and tried them out.. I was able to parallel park them when I was going my schooling years ago.. Took a couple times to realize when I had to start turning steering wheel to keep the trailers straight after turning with them.. At first my timing was always off and I was turning wheel to late and next thing you know the trailers were not turning in the wrong direction...

7. Riprap

Riprap Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Saginaw, MI
    They make reefer/van b-trains?

8. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    A little filler load on the way back home for some foldin' money.
    PICT0009.JPG

Sleepy68, MJ1657 and Dye Guardian Thank this.
  9. Dye Guardian

Jan 10, 2015
    North
    Funny, I had to back up to do a 3-point kind of turn (not actually 3 points when you're readjusting so many times to make it happen with trains and limited space) twice yesterday. First picking up my load of rocks/stone, and then when delivering it. :rolleyes:

Once in a while it feels like 'wtf am I doing, don't I know how to back trains??' You know, "those days". But most of the time it feels closer to second nature at this point.

10. GOV'T_Trucker

GOV'T_Trucker Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2011
    Yep.. Unlike these B-train flatbeds and fuel haulers which have fixed rear axles.. The reefer and van b-trains have a sliding axle group with an attached 5th wheel on it.. So when your not pulling the pup trailer the axles slide under lead trailer and hides the 5th wheel as well..

Ruthless and Riprap Thank this.
  11. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

What was funny was I learned how to back up my multi axle with not much hassles.
    Then when I got rid of it and tried to back a regular lowboy, I was all over the place. Worse than a rookie

tsavory Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.