Post flatbed load photos here V2.0

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by leftlanetruckin, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    Oil well

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DDlighttruck

DDlighttruck Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2015
    So why the itty bitty ones in PA? They looked like toys next to these.

4. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I think they are called pump jacks

5. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

The oilfield guys can answer size difference. But I believe it has to do with how far down the well is and light or sweet crude..

6. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Pump jack wells is what we call 'em around here. I don't know for sure, as I don't work on the production side of things, but I always figured the more the well produces, the bigger the pump jack required.

7. ShooterK2

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I'm not usually a T2000 fan, but I'm diggin' that truck now. That bumper looks good on there!

By the way, I parked next to one of yall's trucks yesterday. W900 daycab with a 5-axle trailer. He was empty so I'm not sure what he moves with that wagon. Was a nice lookin' rig though.

Hope y'all are as busy as we are, @Lepton1

8. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    We have been BUSY. I ran down to less than an hour on my 70 yesterday, taking a much needed 34 today. Just not enough drivers to cover all the loads. In a rare event both my brother and I are taking 34's today. Time to head on over to his place and break out the wrenches.

9. ShooterK2

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    No rest for the weary (owner/operator).
    I know it well. My issue lately is getting enough time off to work on my truck. Lol.
    I guess that's better than the alternative.

Stay safe, partner.

10. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    I sat down for dinner last night in ND next to a couple guys from KS that work for a company that builds and sets tanks in the oil field. I asked them how business was looking. They said they about starved to death awhile back but it's getting very busy now. They were pleased that it was at an even rise not high gear right away.

11. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    In the last few months:

You have to wait your turn to load or unload.

Shippers that used to be strictly 9-5 are now 24/7.

I never did more than three local loads in a day. I had to look it up in my records, twice I did three loads over a year ago. Yesterday four loads, two of them piled on me before and after I was expecting a two load day. In today's terminal meeting it was made clear we can expect this kind of craziness to be the norm. The terminal had to turn down over 100 loads last week because we didn't have trucks available.

Running to rigs last year at night it was dark. Now the night sky is lit up with rigs.

Major oil industry suppliers are increasing demand for team runs. Most of these loads are well less than 20,000 lbs and involve a backhaul from the their far flung yard (tools that need reworking back in their OKC facility).

The challenge now is to catch a break, rest, and turn some wrenches. Just installed new cab shocks and cab height valve and bumper. Got tired of the cab slamming on the old worn out bumper when I was in the sleeper berth...

...time for some tequila and beer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.