post your Kenworth truck pics here...

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by rollin coal, Sep 26, 2011.

1. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You drive it? Nice tractor. I love the look of those older IH's. I try to get to Tomah and Norwalk every year harvest permittting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. durallymax

durallymax Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    I have. I'm not the owner, just turn wrenches on it along with my cousin and the owner.

4. Scrapper

Scrapper Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Nashville, AR
    durallymax...LOVE YOUR SHOP!! Gotta love all that room!!

What do ya'll milk?? I worked on a small dairy growing up. Mostly holstein....we had brown swiss, guernsey, and jersey in small numbers that we took to shows. Dairying is NOT for the meek...we have chicken growers that think they never get a break....HA....get a dairy!

Where are you in Wisconsin?? I've been there once. Judged 4-H at the World Dairy Expo in Madison my senior year in high school. You guys are in one of the most beautiful states...being an agriculture teacher i'm really appreciative of it...i've never seen the amount of landscaping and farm care as there is in Wisconsin.

5. durallymax

Jan 30, 2011
    People get pretty anal about their farms around here. Many will have a heart attack if you touch their grass, or get mud on their concrete. We like to keep ours very neat and clean too, but you wont see me hand picking dandelions, and in the muddy seasons, while it makes me cringe, its easiest to just deal with nasty mud everywhere until its over. Usually its only a couple weeks in spring and summer. This year it has been all winter and sucks.

We milk 750 jerseys through the parlor everyday. With dry cows were probably close to 850-900. Also raise all of our own replacement heifers, and raise the steers as well.

I judged 4-H dairy for a lot of years. The year i didn't judge they won world dairy expo, go figure.

The shop was built with the mentality of building it right the first time. We worked out of a corn crib before. Only did oil changes and such. I was young then though. This shop is 60x80 with a lot of nice things in it. Built it in 08 and we're still improving it everyday. The lights are my favorite part, so many times you see peoples shops that are just too dark. Ours you have to turn half off at night and as you can see my camera can't even take a good picture. 222 bulbs in all, just replaced all of them. We never need task lighting unless underneath a vehicle doing things outside of regular maintenance.

6. Scrapper

Jan 19, 2010
    Nashville, AR
    Three things you can never have enough of in a shop....lights, electricity, and air...lol.

I'm assuming your milk going for butter, cheese, and cream? I love jersey milk...to thick for many. My favorite was getting a big glass of cold milk from the tank at the end of the day during the summer...yeah guys sounds nasty...but if you've never had fresh cold milk...wow.

Going to try to get pics of our KW's soon. I'm leaving teaching and going to start in July fulltime at my father-in-laws shop. He runs a pole yard...normally hauling poles out or in...if empty back hauling whatever we can find close....been ALOT of hay lately. Mostly from Missouri and Nebraska...a little from Illinois. All flatbeds...couple of steps.

Have T-600's and W-9's. I absolutely love the W-9's...I just don't think you can get much better than those. We run a few Western Stars, one International, two freightliners....the rest Kenworth. All CATs.

7. durallymax

Jan 30, 2011
    Those were the three we didnt skimp on. Double box outlets every 5' in the walls and air every 10'.

98% of wisconsin milk goes to solids. Only 2% goes for fluid consumption.

W9s are my favorite as well. Wouldve loved a W9 day cab. But the T6 was the right deal at the right time and place.

8. Scrapper

Jan 19, 2010
    Nashville, AR
    Didn't realize that about your milk. I'm guessing our bulk fluid come from Cali. Our dairies are few and far in between now...all the smaller... <500 cow dairies are dieing out. The family farm as well. Its a sad state of affairs we can thank the government for....won't get on that soap box. lol.

Gotta take advantage of the right deals! My only gripe is ease of service....the W900's are easier. Bulkhead back they are the same truck other than the cab...the T600's are a hair lighter in the frontend.

Your pulling tractor got me to remembering. My exteneded family founded the Rusty Relics Tractor club here in Arkansas. We have a pretty large show in May. Nothing like you guys have. But around 200 restored old tractors is some sight. All the popping johnnys running at the same time. The most entertaining thing is the blindfolded race. One on top blindfolded driving...significant other or faithly friend standing on the back directing. Going through a series of cones and back...fastest without knocking cone over wins. Never seen a tractor pull with the modded diesels...would love to one day...but you guys are a LONG ways away! lol.

9. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Nice to see a Rotary hoist in the background too, American made quality, Bulletproof.

10. durallymax

Jan 30, 2011
    Thanks. I love that thing. They are a lot more money but worth it. The inbay feature is very nice. Up down and lower to locks buttons on both side's for one button operation. Locks are electric release. The motor is mounted up out of the way too and there is 110 built into the lift so no running cords from the wall and tripping over them. The tool hangers are included as well. It was around $400 extra but worth every penny.

I like rotary s pad setup better 90% of the time. Always feel safer under it and easier to spot. But fpr lifting cabs off and such the other pad systems are a little nicer.

The other companies always bash rotary for how little steel there is in them. I disagree. The lifts are very light and I love how small their footprint is. I feel throwing extra steel at something is just a way to make up for poor engineering . All ALI/ANSI certified lifts are tested to 150% .

They are one of the last made in the USA lifts bur I've heard they are sending more overseas as of late. Could just be their economy line though.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

11. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I have been to their factory, ive seen your lift loaded with twice the rated load going up and down for hours at a time, and really for the price they are cheap. I used to sell the whole rotary line back in the day, i could flog the 2-post, a-sym or sym for 5000 all day long. I only wish my shop was tall enough to put one in!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.