Postal Haulers... who are the good employers?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Jan 26, 2019.

1. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I am going to be 66 in dec and retire , I want to drive a truck not load and unload lol

Bfr38 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    What you call a B, is that what might also be called a Wire-Tainer?

One place also loaded those large aluminum Amtrak boxes with the hand brake, ever seen those?

In my experience with pallets, if that facility has electric jacks the postal employees have to run them, if manual jacks only that means I get them off the truck and hand them over. In some cases I've been allowed to use a pallet jack at a large DC because all the electric folks were busy.

@dennisroc if you only want to drive, that's fine, but your career might be shorter from just sitting. I just got a call this morning from a truck operator whose long-term driver is now dealing with diabetes and will be off for months until he gets his sugar back down. There's a reason why the guys who get out of the trucks more often look healthier and work longer.

4. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea

I was diabetic and sometime blood pressure was high but I have lost 30 lbs since end of January and might need to lose another 10 but I feel great blood sugars and pressure are best I have seen in years.
    Been doing low carb and working out well for me.

Bfr38, Cardfan89 and speedyk Thank this.
  5. Bfr38

Bfr38 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Yeah, actually are B’s the big ones all have brakes on them. I have seen guys and I have even tried to push them with the brake on lol. Most of the brakes on them are a joke, but I always set them. I live in OH though. Every place is different. Cincinnati only lets you come into to strap your load down. They load it and unload it. They don’t want you to touch it. Then you go to other places and you could unload the whole truck! Some of the dock workers are lazy of course and some work really hard.

speedyk Thanks this.
  6. Csdsm18

Csdsm18 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Does anyone know anything about Postal Fleet? Are they good to work for?

7. Bfr38

Bfr38 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Ohio
    Sorry, I’m just now seeing this. I work for them. They’re going out of business. The 28th of this month is my last day. They are a huge company too. They operate in 46 states! It’s going to be interesting with routes, bids, etc...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.