Posting For Good and Bad Brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by khenders, Oct 30, 2007.

1. truckfam

truckfam Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    We will never haul a thing for Cowan Systems. We booked two loads from Cowan, for two trucks. We were supposed to pick up in AZ. Once we got to the town, we called Cowan. Both trucks had to travel another 200 miles, to get loaded. Meanwhile, our dispatcher signed the confirmation sheet. We got screwed, so bad.

Cowan Systems are always on our #### list. We never haul a thing for them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckfam

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    Honey, I have a Southern US accent, at times, and it's brokers/agents being dicks, sometimes.

4. truckfam

Aug 29, 2009
    Frederick, OK
    We don't do loads for Cowan or CH Robinson, if we can help it. I believe I need to ask who's sending the load.

5. KenworthGuyNH

KenworthGuyNH Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Central, NH

I know this is an old post. BUT...............there is somthing here that doesn't add up. I would bet that the load of crane mats in OK through Sammons was offered by the Bell Agency (brokerage); and they are some of the nicest, salt of the earth type people you could EVER want to do business with. The same holds true for the whole Sammons organization. If you can't get along with these people......you can't get along ANYWHERE.

6. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    My dealings with CHR have been pleasant for the most part. No complaints.

7. bizzzzzz1

bizzzzzz1 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Universal Logistics out of CA, 3 months and still no check from them. Every time i call they were moving to another office :)

8. make money

make money Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2012
    ch robinson like other brokers will try to see if you are a scab or real hit low then work high soon as you do a cheap load you get tagged to run cheap dont start cheap and your rates will reflect this.

9. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    American Freightways broker, had me deadhead 110 miles to a shipper that wouldnt load the trailer because it was a refer load. They had it posted as a van or refer load and I told them I had a van. They refuse to pay for truck ordered not used. Blacklisted in my book!

10. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Sorry for your trouble. That was probably a broker that didn't read the order and now sticking you with his mistake. I usually see this the other way around. Show up with a reefer trailer and the shipper whines because the inside dimensions are tight (insulation) or the max weight is lower than they usually load because of the 2000 lb refrigerator hanging off the front.

Then they get butt hurt when I oversee on the dock to make sure they load some singles in the front to save myself (and them) pulling the load and stretching it out from being nose heavy.

11. stocktonhauler

stocktonhauler Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Stockton, C
    GTO2000 is a good company. I recently got a good rate on a frozen turkey load from NC to PA, and they added $50 for detention at the shipper when the trailer load proved too heavy on the drives, such that an extra hour was needed to more closely supervise the loading.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.