Posting For Good and Bad Brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by khenders, Oct 30, 2007.

1. stocktonhauler

stocktonhauler Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Stockton, C
    New England has lowest rates in the nation for outgoing cargo. The reason is that the high density/demand population of consumers (with higher average wages than many parts of the country) importing food and consumer goods is no longer matched by durable goods and food production and export. The region is dominated by service and tech industries that don't need trucks, and the lingering old brick building industry that haven't shuttered their factory doors know there are many empty trucks waiting to leave NE. Here are some strategies to get out without getting burned. 1) post truck days before you arrive and hope a reputable broker calls with dry load deal that pays OK 2) start calling early morning and take easy pickup load going to NJ, PA, OH that pays buck per mile, and delivers quickly 3) avoid multiple pick/ multiple drop load offers. Just get a low hassle load and leave the region 4) if you keep calling brokers and all loads are booked now matter what, deadhead to pickup in NJ, PA, OH. Avoid deadheading to pick up on Long Island though, as those guys are even worse than NE. Remember that if you take a load to NE or NYC, the freight mileage rate must be high enough to pay tolls and deadhead out. Don't go into NE or NYC on a national average freight price.

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stocktonhauler

stocktonhauler Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Stockton, C
    This is a large brokerage firm that is the Walmart of freight pricing. Never call them. If they call you for a quote, quote higher than you would work. The dispatcher may get angry and hang up. Brokers are mostly commission pay there and under stress to produce. If they call you though, they may really need truck, and even if they hang up, they may call back later and accept your terms. TQ brokers make a lot of dispatching mistakes though, then blame driver. Focus on contract details, not telephone instructions. Accounts payable pays on time, but they are notorious for deductions from broker created mistakes or misinformation.

4. 100%Gofio

100%Gofio Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2017
    has anyone compiled a list? its kinda hard to read thru 90 pages ..

5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    We each complete our own lists ... If we were to compile all lists from everyone there wouldn't be any decent brokers
    It just so happens a few names seem to be on everyone's list. They typically are brokerages referred to in short form 3 letters.

spyder7723 and rank Thank this.
  6. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I search this forum for the name of the broker and MC number. It would be helpful if everyone put the MC number as well but hey.....

spyder7723 and d o g Thank this.
  7. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    no kidding. your point?

8. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    The primary reason everyone (myself included) tries to avoid doing business with new people.

9. FloydNasby

FloydNasby Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Trinity Logistics out of Seaford, DE. BAD. Sent me into the Hunts Point Market telling me that the consignee was open to receive at 06:00 on Sunday. I asked several times to confirm that day and time and I also called the consignee (never, ever picked up). Turns out they aren't open till 20:00 on Sundays. This broker knew that as he told me this was a regular customer. It was a load of onions on a flatbed paying 10cents a lb. Not enough and never again with this broker. If I didn't need the cash, I'd take this load to a food bank. This list of good and bad is an excellent idea.

10. FloydNasby

FloydNasby Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Austin, TX
    It was weird. I didn't confront him. In the end I was glad I was there 12 hours early (lol!). I don't know, I guess I'm not used to folks being anything other than truthful, but it's all part of the learning experience and I like l learning!

11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.