Pot smoking driver v drunk/drugs

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by dogg478_1902, Jan 6, 2014.

1. fld

fld Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2012
    So you are saying that people abuse the system now. I am not exactly sure.what you mean by that, but for anyone caught tbe penalties are severe.

If it is made legal, probably stiffer penalties would be in place, again with severe consequences.

I suppose people are abusing the system with alcohol then also, with severe penalties.

So I don't understand what you mean when you say that people will be able to "legally abuse the system".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    I personally LOVE the current laws on weed and other drugs, the more people that fail drug test increase my chances of landing my dream tanker driving job! lol "puff puff pass" (just not to me!)

4. g2no11ah2

g2no11ah2 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Everett, WA
    Anybody know if there are any companies left that only test with UAs and not with hair follicle?

5. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    its kinda scary how many drug test questions pop up from drivers or wannabe drivers

Dinomite Thanks this.
  6. dogg478_1902

dogg478_1902 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Well alot of people smoke pot and it shows up 30 days later unlike pills or coke. Most people that do pills and coke don't really worry about a wiz quiz because it's out of there system within 48 hours.

7. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    its stupid to do anything at all, even 48 hours can screw you, yesterday I got my first random test. On site manager called me and asked where I was and told him I was at the truck stop a few miles away, asked me if I had an mt so I assumed maybe he was going to have me do a backhaul before beginning my day but nope once I said I was bob tailed "you have one hour to report to this clinic for a random drug screen"

Dinomite Thanks this.
  8. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    I am in total agreement with Not being impaired at all behind the wheel. but lets get real. WHO here has smoke a doobie that has kept them high for the entire 30 days that it takes to get out of your system. lol. NOBOBY HAS cuz it aint gonna happen. If you are on your off duty time you should be able to do what you want as long as you have become sober or come down 10 hours before your next on duty time.

BostonTanker and witch.dokta Thank this.
  9. dogg478_1902

dogg478_1902 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2013
    As someone already said we need better testing procedures that don't criminalize people for what they do off the clock.

witch.dokta Thanks this.
  10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    But you know you can't do it on or off the clock. It's not worth it. There is no room for drug use in trucking.

Dinomite and sfd714 Thank this.
  11. TranceJunkie

TranceJunkie Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2014
    Salisbury, NC
    Does anyone know if TMC or Howard Transportation does hair test? Honestly, I just quit smoking a a lil over 3 months ago, right before I started truck driving school. And before I catch **** about it, NO I'm not gonna start back once I get a job! No big deal, I can go with or without weed.... I need a career way worse!!! That being said, I graduated top of my truck driving class with a final grade of 98.9. I now have my Class A CDL with all endorsements. But I'm not comfortable with a hair test yet..... I don't wanna take a chance on ruining my career before it even gets started! I'm searching for a decent company to start out with that just does urine testing, that I can work with for at least a year to get some experience, and also give me more time clean so eventually I can pass a hair test and possibly move on to a bigger, better company. I'm not at all worried about random tests, as long as it's urine! I'm looking into Howard Transportation, and TMC.... If anybody has any information as to what kind of testing these places do, it would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.