Potash tips?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Long FLD, Aug 21, 2019.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Not really lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    That powdered #### is a horrible push. There's no way around it, low and slow.

Granular is what you want, but watch the heat, it will melt in the summer.

I picked up a B-train hopper bottom load of the white powdered stuff out of Esterhazy, SK one time that took over 8 hours to transfer to pneumatics. It's awful stuff.

The pink granular potash (usually out of Rocanville, SK) is a dream for bottom dropping (add top air for even faster unload!). Smells unusually pleasant too.

Granular pink potash:

20180731_122013.jpg

Pretty much my favourite bulk haul. Pickup is self-load and unloads are usually always bottom drops. Really miss that work (just not working for the company).

beastr123, Muddydog79, 25(2)+2 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    I used to work at a fertilizer company... We had 3 different types of potash... Each varying in density from 63 to 95 pounds per cubic foot. The really fine stuff will be much heavier than what we had... And if it gets wet can set up some, probably even worse for fines. Every time we had a pneumatic bring us a load we just had them bottom dump it necause it either took FOREVER to blow it off or it got plugged up. I dont have any personal experience running pneumatic... But my experience being around them with potash is that it is a very slow product to blow off.

beastr123 and wore out Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.