Power for tv and game while not killing idle

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Truckaluffagus, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Truckaluffagus

Truckaluffagus Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2020
    That's awesome ty. I've been online looking for solutions, that aren't too expensive and pheasible for my situation in the truck and truckers around me. You're right this ups doesn't last long, I'll return it to Walmart. Guess I'll invest in a generator.

bluebob Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckaluffagus

Dec 22, 2020

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Reason for edit: Not finished
    firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    Just idle if you only play for 30 mins. Then motel it for the 34 resets

Truckaluffagus Thanks this.
  5. Truckaluffagus

Dec 22, 2020
    No the power only lasts about 30minutes then it beeps. I also try to watch tv, so I need about 2 hours a day for power, then 34s I could go most of the day. Motels every week isn't pheasible, ty but someone already suggested a generator so I think I'll look into that.

6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I found using a USB tv tuner on a laptop was a better choice for power efficiency.

7. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Last winter I was having trouble with my batteries not lasting very long. So, thought I might have a bad one. I asked the shop to check them out for me. None of my batteries were bad, but, my battery connections had alot of corrosion on them. Shop folks cleaned them and it made a world of difference. I'd recommend you ask the shop folks to check out your batteries and connections.
    Unsure what company you work for and how responsive shop folks are. I work for Swift and shop folks usually seem to be okay to deal with. I do have a preference for the West Valley Utah terminal for shop stuff. But, it is only a subjective preference.

8. bigbyrc

bigbyrc Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Inverter maybe too small or batteries weak most likely!!!
    30 mins is wwwwaaaayyyyyy too fast...You want a BIG inverter that will hold TV, Xbox, pc, etc...should hold for a few hours before recranking truck...

SoulScream84 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.