PPG Account in California

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by KingObeat, Apr 5, 2016.

1. KingObeat

KingObeat Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    California
    I was recently offered a job doing the PPG account out of central California. Does anyone know anything about that position? It sounds like it could be good, but I'm always skeptical about what these big companies say.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    I know nothing about that account. Is it local or regional? I can tell you I'm doing regional DCS in the Midwest and it has been true to everything that was in the initial hiring add I responded to so far and I'm still learning the ropes, at $1200 plus a week. Think I will be able too earn at the top of the scale they said once I get a little more efficient at my drops and get to know the harder runs. Also we seem to be a satellite for JBH so I really haven't got the- just a number at a mega company -feeling lots of people complain about. That could be different at whatever account your at though i imagine. Try and give the account manager a call.

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    If it's anything like my account they always seem to be short drivers and are using fill ins from other close bye accounts. Not sure if it's cuz a lot of guys aren't willing to do anything but drop and hook or it could be you will probably be going to some tighter locations for your deliveries. Not impossible but you may have to back in off a busy street or even think/plan it thru a little more than your average loading dock delivery. They do seem to pay a little better for these factors though. The bad JBH reputation may be a huge factor also but I personally haven't seen it or experienced any bad stuff yet.

5. KingObeat

KingObeat Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    California
    The recruiter said it was regional and I may have to drive into Canada. I'm a little hesitant about that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.