Pre-hearing for Failed Drug Test and Employment

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by NickL, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Well, some doctor screwed you. Maybe the pre-hearing will get it straightened out.

Bean Jr., NickL and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And that is what will do it for sure. Go quickly to your doctor and get that letter. Tell him first what happened. Once the MRO reports to DOT then you are now in battle over a long time frame to keep your licensing and also you will have to look harder for a company that will give you a second chance. if this violated drug test stands.

NickL Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's moot. You are essentially unhireable because you failed a hot drug test designed to search out illegal drugs and other medicines in your system. The only defense you have is to go to your prescribing doctor and get a letter from him signed and under his DEA number so that when you go to hearing you will show that the adderal is legitimate. And probably for trucking purposes that medicine will have to stop.

5. NickL

NickL Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Like I said I've had the letter since I started school in March and I have been prescribed for over 2 years so that's not the problem I'm not worried about the hearing going well I'm trying to get employment before I need a refresher course

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Which state do you live in?
    You have a cdl and there are companies that will hire you without having to go back through school.

7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    What I am trying to tell you several times is that if the hot drug test results stand, NO one in the industry will hire you. Until you have completed a SAP program.

wis bang and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  8. NickL

NickL Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I spoke with someone and the department of transportation and they said I would do not need a lawyer in as long as I have the letter and the Prescription. The case will be dismissed, I'm not worried about the hearing.. The question in the thread was mainly about if an employer will see that I have a pre-hearing pending or if I can continue to seek employment

9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The hearing is your most important priority. Forget the employment situation until your future is determined at the hearing.

wis bang and NickL Thank this.
  10. NickL

NickL Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I was using speech to text and it was going very poorly lol. But yeah i agree. But i spoke to the DoT Hearing office and they said if I have my information for my prescription and a letter from a doctor I will be fine. I'm not the one at fault here. I've actually heard of cases where people sue the MRO for not contacting them and making them lose money.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. NickL

NickL Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2019
    So the question still stands can I obtain employment with this pending, can an employer even see that i have a pre-hearing if my license isn't suspended? The hearing will go well because im not at fault and have proof of my Prescription and my Doctors letter dating back from March this year. Just don't want to do a refresher course so i can jump into employment ASAP

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.