Prejudicial persicution

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Corey Lamour, Aug 14, 2023.

1. Corey Lamour

Corey Lamour Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2023
    Now if you drive a truck you have seen signs saying, NO TRUCKS!, Well.... I can understand small roads to narrow or bridge unsafe. Generally truck traffic isn't wanted in neighborhoods. That's understandable. And we don't want to be in those areas iether. However we all no that some times we don't have any choice but yo get into those areas and we have to deal with that. Not my point.

My point is we have rules and regulations we have to follow and there is so much we are restricted from just because we drive a tractor trailer. Example we need to park and take ten hour break. How many truck stops are available when you need one that always have parking available to every driver. Never. Some truck stops even take advantage of this and charge us to park. And I know if you have ever found a walmart, home depot, liwes mall parking lot. Places that have plenty of excess room to park. They have security that comes by and tell s you no parking in the parking lot. As if it makes a difference if it says no truck parking. It's just as contradictive and prejudicial. Very few of us were around when Jim crow laws were in effect. However there is truly no difference between no trucks and whites only. I have been cussed for pulling into a parking lot where I had a delivery. And this is not a 1 time kind of story. Store owners and managers will run out into the parking lot cussing until they find out you are delivering something to them. Then they want to act as if they were just having bad day or somany of us un ruly unscrupulous deviant druck drivers over whelping there prestigious parking lot.

I will go on to say this is not just a parking issue, it's an every day situation being cussed, flipped off cut off because I'm driving to my delivery and they are in a hurry and want to drive faster.
    Pulled over for impending flow of traffic when I'm moving faster than the speed limit. I'm still impending flow of traffic. And we've all seen cars in the left lanes moving slower than the speed limit.... are they stopped? I will give credit where credit is do. I have seen some officers stop them, more times than not. Tho.........

I have even been stopped out of a group of vehicles and told they had me on radar moving faster than what the truck is governed at.

So yes.... predjitial prosecution!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Uh.....

Yeah....

Milr72, dave01282000, Oxbow and 3 others Thank this.
  4. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Have you considered another profession that can coddle you and make you feel fuzzy and warm all over? I am all for a mass exodus of individuals leaving the trucking industry, for whatever reason. It's simply not cut out for everybody. Too many trucks on the road as it is. Maybe become one of those irate store managers, or dock supervisors, or law enforcement agents, I'm sure their lives and careers are picture perfect. So yeah, turn those keys in and let's start that mass exodus, today!

m16ty, Long FLD, Milr72 and 4 others Thank this.
  5. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Seems like yesterday when the government, people and press were calling us heroes. Oh, well, SNAFU rules.

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Truck driving is still one of the best jobs there is. But if you want to be popular you should have been a fireman.
    People generally don't like trucks or truck drivers. It's been that way as long as I can remember and I don't see it changing any time soon,

aussiejosh and TNSnowman Thank this.
  7. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    Did OP really just equate not being able to park wherever with Jim Crow?o_O

That's a face palm with such force behind it, it would blow the back of your skull off!

8. Ex-Trucker Alex

Ex-Trucker Alex Heavy Load Member

Jan 7, 2023
    I do believe that was his general thesis. He's one of those guys who feels he can park his truck any darn place he wants! Take up 12 spaces at the Wallly World? Why not? Park in an office lot where the asphalt is only rated for 5 tons? Sure (and sorry for leaving ruts and tearing it up while I spun the trailer around)! And, O_my_GAWD, the AUDACITY to actually charge money for the chance to camp out overnight at a truckstop you didn't even fuel at!!!

Wow, it's like EVERYBODY wants to act like a snowflake now....

Oxbow, Hammer166 and buzzarddriver Thank this.
  9. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019

What's a snowflake?

Oxbow and Last Call Thank this.
  10. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Let's all go park in Coreys front yard and take a 34.

Lite bug Thanks this.
  11. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Something screams at me that the OP is not the grandson of Louis L'Amour.....

Can't quite put my finger on the why.......

RockinChair, Milr72, Hammer166 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.