Prep for CDL test on my own in Texas

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Trucker Dray, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Trucker Dray

Trucker Dray Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Hey guys I recently passed all 4 tests at the DPS and my class A permit came in the mail...my driving test and pre trip are Oct 29th and I could really use some driving practice if anyone is in the Austin, TX area or knows of someone that could help me in the area I'd really appreciate it...I friend already gave me a packet from his job to study for the pre trip so I'm good there I just need seat time! Thanks...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HollyRoller

HollyRoller Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2019
    I’m in the same boat right now here in Austin as well. I can tell you where not to go is CDLtestruck in rock wall outside of Dallas. I spent over 3k for their services and got ripped off. I went the same route as you, passed the pre trip but learned real quick that driving a tractor and trailer without any prior experience is much harder than I expected..After I got my ### handed to me during the road test and out now of money, I am in the same situation until I can get some driving experience:/ Good luck to you and DM me if you’d like and we could maybe help one another.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.