...Present...

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by any name you wish, Sep 2, 2021.

1. any name you wish

any name you wish Light Load Member

May 13, 2021
    I'm a trained legal writer (MA Legal Studies), a part-time sailor/soldier in my 20th year, and an occasional trucker. I have undergraduate education in geography, history and psychology.
    I'm active in influencing laws that effect drivers of both cars and trucks, including developing arguments that generally oppose the trend to use machines and devices to enforce traffic laws and driver compliance. Occasionally I voice my opinions on other matters important to consumers.
    I'm here mostly because I like to get feedback on drivers' issues with these devices. I also like to promote more valid and effective views as to why we should oppose them. I feel that industry views on electronic compliance are myopic, and do not promote the kinds of relationships that are expected in the American way of life.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Good for you, I concur with the issues of device generated citations. What currently really makes my blood boil, is red light runners, and knuckleheads that stay 40 ft or so behind the vehicle in front of them while waiting at a stop light.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Please explain?

5. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Shouldn't a trained legal writer know the difference 'affect' and 'effect'?

6. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Not really. We need something here on TTR in TRUCKING INDUSTRY REGULATIONS to discuss, argue and fighting on interpretation.

alds and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Yes, but if OP is using speech-to-text then this would be a simple oversight.

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Without knowing specifically what devices you are referring to I can only give you a very general opinion. But my primary reason to oppose them is lack of flexibility. The operational nature of the trucking business does not lend itself to predetermined categories and time slots.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.