Pretty much goes without saying....

Discussion in 'Other News' started by drvrtech77, Apr 24, 2021.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    You forgot avocados!

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

^^^^^this^^^^^

I, as an older millennial, couldn't agree with this more. We spent our childhood being preached to that we need a college education, no matter what. How'd that work out? I know lots of broke college graduates.

I went to work straight outta high school, and haven't stopped.

Now here I sit, watching all the Gen Xers royally #### things up. It's as if they figure "Hey, our lives sucked, but now we can get what we always wanted by way of the government. We only have a few years of our working career left, so why not? Let our kids deal with the fallout!"

Yeah, us millennials are pretty much screwed. Thanks Gen -X! We'll remember you when it's time to pick out your nursing homes

nredfor88 and Trucker61016 Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    How's it Gen-X's fault? I don't think they screwed me over one bit.

TokyoJoe and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    People with a victim mentality don't shoulder their own problems as a rule. Nobody ever told me when I was young that missing payments would ruin my credit score so fast. I could have blamed them for not warning me, but the reality is I should have made the payments on time. Same with taking out college loans you can't pay back because your degree is useless. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure whether or not the degree will be marketable, and then change majors from gender studies to a STEM field before an entire four years has elapsed.

6. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

If you look at all the poorly run government programs out there, look at the age of those running the country, you might notice the vast majority is late baby boomers or early gen Xers.

True, there are more millennials in the senate and house now, but how much damage have THEY really done? They haven't really done anything. Yet.

One could make the argument that it goes beyond the Gen X and even the Baby Boomers, to whatever was before the boomers. (I'm thinking about Social Security, a program that never should have been thought of)

Yes. Millennials are the victims here. And I don't say that loosely.

Millennials had little to no say, in our government spending us into oblivion over the last couple years.

The majority of the problems Millennials will face in our lifetimes, (and I'm only speaking of government type issues here) are a direct result of the poor decisions of those before us.

Are all millennials perfect? Absolutely not. There's too much evidence to the contrary. Same with Gen X. They're not all bad.

7. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Ubi is about the dumbest idea the morons ever came up with because it's just going to raise the price of everything enough that everybody that relies on it because they are too lazy to actually work will need 2x the amount given. Then they'll have to increase it forever until we have runaway inflation on everything like Venezuela.

For instance, I remember when the military under Bush had their housing benefit basically doubled overnight. It helped at first. Rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in a shady area of San Diego California was like 700-800 bucks 30 miles away in the desert and we only got paid 550-600ish at the time. Then all of a sudden everybody got paid 1200-1500 a month for housing and guess what happened? I was looking for an apartment there back in 2009 and the cheapest I could find was 1500 a month so instead I ended up renting a condo in downtown for 2000 a month because it certainly looked like a much better deal. And this was after the housing crash still 1500 a month+.

A guy I used to listen to on the radio about 20 years ago, Neil Boortz used to go on and on about how once there's enough people in the country that expect all the free stuff then it's over for the rest of us. Right now is looking like it's that time and has more and more the last year or so. Look at the underreporting of inflation on everything. They say, yeah it's like 2%. Seriously, inflation on everything important right now is closer to 50% than it is to 2%.

And you think giving everybody in the country a few hundred bucks (MORE) a week for free is a good idea?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  8. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    By your estimation are north koreans today that dislike the regime just playing a victim card?

This is the barrier to understanding we find ourselves facing. On the left there is no will to concede how far personal responsibility will take you in life, but on the right there is a dogged refusal to admit that diagnosis of reality doesnt mean those people have a victim mentality

I guess i should probably confine any further statements to the politics forum

Jaebo74 Thanks this.
  9. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    We should both just give up. We're truck drivers on a truck driving forum. I keep telling myself I'm going to stay away from dramatic threads, but like a moth to a flame...

10. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    The biblical phrase is "as a dog returns to its vomit" i resemble that remark too.

Jaebo74 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I'm now retired, but I worked steady from the time I was 18 years old. So it kind of pisses me off when I saw people getting $600+ a week for doing nothing. Especially when many that worked all their lives and paid into Social Security, don't make that much. And now I see some cities and states that want to give everyone a monthly stipend. It's just stupid to give people an incentive to not work. Someone else ends up paying for things like this and I don't want to be one of them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.