Price of fuel went up again in my area

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Dino soar, Feb 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    People need to clam down if you want this thread to stay open.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
  4. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Forget arguing about 2017, 18 & 19, it took us time to become energy independent. Why with all the obstruction going on, it's a wonder we actually did, but I digress. Anyway, see attached below, scroll down to the diesel prices, notice how diesel was cheaper (not much) this time last year. More importantly though, notice that the price continued to drop considerably as we went into April, and then May, and even more into the year. Notice that on Nov 2nd it was at it's lowest $2.37, but after the steal it started going up and up and up. Skies the limit I guess?

OK class, show of hands, now how many really think that the price is going to drop like it did last year as we go into April, May, June, etc etc. Never mind, I'm thirsty, gimme some of that Kool-aid you all are drinking....

Truck\ (usda.gov)

5. ready2truck

ready2truck Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2020
    Will a pandemic shut the world down again?

shooter19802003 Thanks this.
  6. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Unfortunately we can't really have a discussion about the price of fuel without getting into the geopolitical fallout of elections.

Right now the biggest driver of oil prices is speculation. We went from someone who fostered peace in the ME, and believed in using economics to defeat foreign enemies, to putting the warmongers back in charge. War demands a huge amount of fuel, and money is buying oil futures banking on more military conflict in the world, especially in the ME. It must be true, the accusation that the US is a bloodthirsty nation, since the first President to actually create a more peaceful world in 32 years, was sent packing after 1 term.

7. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
  8. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Went up to $3.45 from 3.39 at the TA in Rawlins, WY. Yesterday morning.

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  9. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    The fuel increase has been averaging anywhere between 4-10 cents a week. Next up, a .40 cent a gallon federal tax increase, along with min 2 million liability, and increased regulations aimed at the elimination of older trucks. But alas, this is what the majority wanted right?

Listened to an older gentleman the other day. He was asked why would the people want all this big government control? His answer, simply put, was because the majority in the U.S. today prefer to have government security over individual freedom. It is my firm belief that this great constitutional republic is doomed at this point and is beyond recovery. I wish I could say otherwise.

I'll make a prediction that things will continue to get so bad in the U.S. that at some future point in time our so called "leaders" will pitch that we now need the "help" of our communist chinese friends, who have willingly agreed and promise to "help" us out of our mess, but this is what we'll have to do. They'll explain that it's for the good of everyone of course....

10. ready2truck

ready2truck Medium Load Member

Oct 27, 2020
    wtf did I just read ahahaha. Is this through a political enough to be locked now?

11. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Well to get this thread back on track, the price of fuel went up again.

We really don't need any more discussion about all the reasons why. We know why this is happening it's not a secret. And no it is not going to follow the trends of last year where it keeps going down. The opposite is what's happening it is going to continue to happen.

And for the purposes of this thread it doesn't really even matter what the reasons are anymore. Now it's about the effect and what the actual prices are now that we're going to have to pay. That's just the reality of it.

No one would like to be wrong about this more than me. And if somehow the price went down I would be very happy to report that. Unfortunately I just don't see that happening.

But again as I write this just from that little bit of time from when I checked in last- yup it went up again...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.