Pride Transport

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Kry0n, Nov 7, 2015.

1. drreid1958

drreid1958 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    mid Michigan
    This thread is about Pride Transport. I think it would be tough to provide a useful comment if one hasn't even ever worked there a single day.

Anyway...Pride doesn't even run all 48 with any regularity...more like around 30, and they do not currently have any requirement specifying some number of states that must be run to complete training. Their minimum requirement that applies to drivers without experience is 300 drive hours with a trainer.

The 5-6 weeks minimum stint before home time is not their only program...just an option, and a requirement if you want the company to buy you a plane ticket. Most companies don't even offer this program, and some are big enough not to need it...but with most companies, either you live in their service area or you can't drive for them.

Yes, I like working for Pride :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Reason for edit: Correct typo..."their", not "there'
    WhoCares Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I thought I remembered seeing a Pride ad looking for drivers to move transit vans. Anybody else see that or am I mistaken?

4. roadhawk1958

roadhawk1958 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2021
    Well well well. I really could not control laughing and shaking my head about what I just read. In this day and age, everyone is getting complacent about electronic devices. Some good, and some not. I got something to tell you all about those driver facing cams. Weather you know it or not. Sure they are tools to help you in situations they may not be your fault. But the cam that faces out is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the cam that faces you! Yes safety can see you, and they constantly micro manage you if you do the slightest thing wrong. But did you know, they can also hear you?? And even when you are parked and have your brakes set, that cam is constantly on? Even when your truck is shut off, that cam is still on! There is a green power light on that cam that never shuts off, so regardless if you are driving, shut down, how do you know you are not still under surveillance? How do you know when you are doing something personal, that you are being watched? Or they are listening to everything you say? Think about that. Rattle it around in your mind and think about what rights you have, and what rights you have that are being violated! I'm a driver with almost 28 years or experience and I for one oppose having these cams looking at and listening to me.

5. Snowshoes

Snowshoes Heavy Load Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Pleasant Grove, Utah
    Pride no longer has driver facing cameras, that lasted all of 6 months

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.