Prime - Advanced Fleet Program

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Skinny P, Sep 7, 2014.

  1. Night_driver

    Night_driver Light Load Member

    Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    They transferred me there because I ASKED TO BE TRANSFERED TO BROKERAGE after talking to Advanced Fleet. I got some info on Advanced Fleet, but since I am getting my own reefer that didn't work for me so I wanted to sign up with the brokerage.
  2. pusherman

    pusherman Medium Load Member

    Jun 23, 2013
    3 million in liability insurance? That's a bit much. Any restrictions on trucks? What all does prime hold u responsible for (reefer fuel, maintenance etc?) I called them & got no help. I would have been better off talking to the trees outside
    darthanubis Thanks this.
  3. nofreetime

    nofreetime Road Train Member

    Oct 22, 2013
    Pusherman I'm an o/o leased here running under they're auth. so the advanced fleet isn't what I do. I do know that the trailer maint is taken care of by prime unless you damage something, reefer fuel is the operator's responsibility. I'm not aware of any restrictions on the truck. Sorry that prime wasn't more help to you.
    darthanubis Thanks this.
  4. ajgomez973

    ajgomez973 Bobtail Member

    Feb 22, 2018
    I've been with prime for over 5 years now I'm also a lease op. I'm running on their authority on the ACE lease program. I spoke to success leasing today they told me I could bring my truck to their advanced program I just need to get my own insurance and turn in my permits. Ive been contemplating moving to that direction since I feel stuck making the same revenues for the past couple years. I heard mixed comments from fellow drivers If anyone can give me a good follow up and if it's really worth it please I'd like to hear from you.
  5. redoctober83

    redoctober83 Road Train Member

    Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    First, there is a lot more too it then just getting insurance and turning your permits in. You'll need to apply for your authority through the fmcsa. Then you'll need to join a drug consortium and take a pre employment drug test. You'll need to fill out an application for yourself and do all the background checks on yourself as well. You'll need to get base plates and insurance. You'll need auto liability insurance of $1million, general liability of $2 million, cargo of $250k, trailer interchange for $75k with reefer breakdown, and of course physical damage for your truck. That just the bare minimum for insurance, i would suggest you carry more and have an owner occupational policy to cover you as well.

    Once you have that all done, you'll need an eld system and you'll have to setup up your accounts for ifta, Oregon, new Mexico, Kentucky and new York. I would suggest you also get you intrastate authority for a few states to cover any in state loads you do. You'll have to do your 2290 and ucr as well.

    After all that you'll see that you'll go from $3-4k/week to $4-5k/week gross. Where it really makes the most sense is if you have your own trailer and run load boards or brokers. There you'll see $5-8k/week gross depending on how you run.
    Dan47, pusherman and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted