PRIME Apprentince 6-26-12

Discussion in 'Prime' started by ledzeppelin, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MikeyB.

MikeyB. Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Hey Led. Listen to these guys. I joined the lease side. Need a safety net of cash in the bank for slow weeks. We dont want to see noone fail. Learn fueling and trip planning 100%. Get accustomed to this industry. Yes your trainer wants you to jump into lease. But he wont be paying for your truck note if something happens. Give it at least 6 months to a year bud. Then think about it.

silenteagle and ledzeppelin Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roadopossum

Roadopossum Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    He is your instructor not your trainer.trainers come after you have a cdl

4. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2012
    New York
    My instructor also is my trainer. He does both.

5. Roadopossum

Sep 17, 2012
    You may not make anything in lease.Im company and do fine.Im an instructor and use to train.All my students and trainees went company except one and he was lease for 4 months and turned his truck in 2 weeks ago to be a a company driver.Company drivers have 401k and many other benefits cheap. As a company driver all my previous students average $800-$1000 a week.I have health and dental for $20 per week.lease drivers pay much more.I go home 4 days and still make a check.Lease drivers usually can't afford to go home much.Your trainer makes money because he trains but he may wait weeks or months for a trainee.some weeks as a company drivers can earn $1300 or more.If you train or instruct,much more can be earned.Some lease drivers go weeks being in the hole.

123456 Thanks this.
  6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Some lease drivers are total loosers.

123456 Thanks this.
  7. ledzeppelin

Jun 19, 2012
    New York
    What steps does the TRAINEE and Trainee take when training is complete? Call someone at PRIME? And is the upgrade orientation class also at Pittston? I have to go back home to long island, NY to get my new CDL before I upgrade.

8. Roadopossum

Sep 17, 2012
    Your trainer notifies his fleet manager.people such as safety and others evaluate and let your manager know of you are able to upgrade.your manager routes you in.you have to pass a sim lab test to upgrade

9. ledzeppelin

Jun 19, 2012
    New York
    Thank you for ur response. So the o ly thi g the trainer has to do its tell the fm I'm ready? Do u
    i have to go all the way back to Springfield or can I upgrade in Pittston?

10. Roadopossum

Sep 17, 2012
    if you have the required miles and trainer says your ready then he tells fleet manager.yes you can upgrade in Pittston if ok with fleet manager but normally they will send you to Springfield

11. DragonTamerBrat

DragonTamerBrat Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Tell the FM to route you through the house to get your home state CDL, then they will route you to whereever the trucks are to upgrade. JCW upgraded in Pittston because SpringMo didn't have trucks, but Pittston did.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.