Prime buys A. Passmore and Sons

Discussion in 'Prime' started by wb75, Aug 29, 2008.

1. wb75

wb75 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Kansas
    Notice where I work Ive been seeing more and more Prime trucks come in...Asked a Prime driver what was going on and he said he was actually a Passmore driver bought out by Prime..And they are not liking the change at all..
    Just sucks to see all the small companies getting bought out by the big terrible ones..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    Thanks wb75

4. BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2008
    MO
    That's the truth they suck! My husband was a passmoore driver for a little over a yr and then when prime bought them out,it really went down hill.They cut the truck's from 75mph to 62mph and now they say the freight isn't there to haul!!!Don't go to prime....

5. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    WOW. Just last week the recruiter at told me Prime does'nt have a problem with getting freight, and they keep there drivers moving. They don't sit waiting. They are pre planned. What ever that means.

Thanks.

6. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Recruiters are 1st and foremost SALESMAN!!! Don't ever believe anything they won't fax you in writing. This will knock out 95% of what you hear from them. They will lie about dedicated routes, pay for orientation, bonuses, idle time, type of equipment you will be assigned, hometime, benefits, and any thing else that they can think of to get you there and get their commission. Some are worse than others , but alway be very skeptical of any thing they "promise" you and demand it in writing.

7. BRIGHTEYES

BRIGHTEYES Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2008
    MO
    Last week my husband got 2000 miles,and this week so far he has gotten 1200.He was getting any where from 2800 to 3100 a week but not lately.To they have been giving him loads on Thurs and it's usually not till late afternoon and it's due Mon or Tues and it will be from 300-maybe 800 miles.What a joke!!He has been staying out a month just to make money so.....He has been looking for something else.They never preplan him and it's always late afternoon before he gets the load so sometimes depending where he has to DH,it can't get pu till next day.

8. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    So the Prime recruiter is flat out lying. There are Prime drivers that are either getting special treatment or their flat out lying to. In posts made with in the last week, on this site, a Prime driver has stated he has done everything right, according to the way Prime says it should be done and he is still loosing or lost money.

There are some Prime drivers, the same ones, who keep popping up, over and over, on this website, that state that things are going great at Prime. They appear to hype Prime, and appear to be lackey's for the company.

Have you read their posts and if you have can you offer up some thoughts on what they are saying or doing? My thoughts have been that they are, some how getting paid, or are benefiting by signing up drivers, or getting paid for training new guys. The same guys love to blame drivers having problems and they love to tell people to go to Acer 2 classes. Have you heard of these Acer 2 classes? What do you think of them?

Thanks for your post. It is really helpful to hear new people rather than the same ol' happy horse ---- statements by a small few.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  9. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    With Prime (never worked there), as with every company I have ever dealt with, there are always those who will get better loads and make much more than others.

I have noticed several reasons for this.

Some drivers have a can do personality, work hard, and are able to get along with their bosses well.

Some drivers brown nose, bribe, and make their bosses think they are the greatest to get good loads.

Some drivers are better at knowing how to truck than others. I said truck, not drive, as there is a great difference. Have you ever noticed how everything bad happens to the same driver over and over, yet they never did anything blatantly wrong? They just make bad decisions about when to drive, when to park, and what to gripe about.

Some drivers are a combination of the first two types. These people like their job, and work the bosses and system to their advantage.

Now sometimes you will have the best driver, and the worst dispatcher, and you can't win, no matter what.

In todays computer age the higher ups read sites like this. They see the people who brag about the company, and if they are doing a good job for the company, the bosses want to make sure these people suceed.

If you have several L/Os bragging about how good things are, and you give them the better freight that makes them happy, that is the cheapest and best advertisment you can buy.

You will always find happy people at any company you go to, no matter how crappy the company. It could be that the bosses like the driver, and look out for him, or it could be the driver is easy to please, and is content with what he has.

10. mannmk7

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    This one is really helpful, "In todays computer age the higher ups read sites like this. They see the people who brag about the company, and if they are doing a good job for the company, the bosses want to make sure these people succeed."

####!!!!!!!!!!!

Do these ace kissers know this?

Thanks stranger

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  11. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    my recruiter sucked... could never get a hold of him or get him to call me back... he even booked me on a bus to MA instead of MO... it was Prime drivers who answered my questions and helped me straighten out the bus thing.

ACE 2... is a class after a Lease driver has been out for a couple weeks, where their settlements are analyzed... line by line... to help them understand where they are profitable and where they are losing money (not locations) where they can improve and what they can do.

I think I do well because I communicate well... I dont cause problems... and put myself in positions that make it easy on my fleet manager... i communicate what I can do and what I cant ... and early to help my FM... he has enough to deal with... drivers who are late, cant get their MPG down, and are shut down for DOT violations...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.