PRIME drivers

Discussion in 'Prime' started by soon2betrucking, Jan 30, 2009.

1. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    PRIME driver. does prime require you to have your trucks wased weekly? and how often do they get rid of the truck?? i cant think iv seen many, if any at all, dirty older truck out there.. they are always shinny, and clean and rather new looking...
    just wondering

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    I know policy is Company trucks have a 2 wash per month allowance... I have yet to reach/hear of a limit on wash outs for the trailer... I get a washout whenever possible.

But then 2 weeks ago we got a company message that their were too many dirty pieces of equipment (trucks and trailers) and the Big Boss wants a clean fleet, but no mention if the 2 wash per month policy change....

do they even do just a trailer wash without the cab?

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Any Prime trucks I have seen were clean. I have a pic of a 387 that looks brand spanking new.

KH

5. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    #### dude - I'm surprised D-man didn't say something to you about this. Company policy is a washout after every load, and Prime pays for the trailer wash at that time - doesn't matter whether you're company (like us) or lease op. Also check macro19 on the shippers - usually it will say if there's an on-site washbay. You're right about the tractor... Prime covers it twice a month.

I do my best on the trailer part, although sometimes there just isn't enough time between loads. Get a pushbroom for that... I never show up at a shipper with a dirty trailer interior.

6. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Prime leases the trucks from the manufacturer for 3 years on the reefer side, and 4 years for flatbed and tanker divisions.

7. kingsson

kingsson Heavy Load Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    PRIME drivers are just plain PROUD of their rides and their company - and rightly so!

8. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    yup, it shows. so what it like working for them? can say iv ever heard much bad about them.

9. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    I must be in bizzaro world.. Time to sleep.

10. lowbudget

lowbudget Medium Load Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Bismarck, ND
    Well, I know that this trucking business is all about undercutting the other guy to get the load, but I don't think Prime needed to cut the Houston to Williston load from $5000 down to $2300. Thanks for making my decent homebound loads go to hell, Prime

11. kingsson

kingsson Heavy Load Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    It's been a few years and for family reasons I am at a different company now. But they are straight up. That has not changed if you read posts by U2Exit and some others on here. There are those who have had bad experiences, usually of their own making - although they would NEVER admit that. It always has to be the company's fault. Like a driver who wants a home load. The important thing is for him to get HOME. SO Prime does what it can to get him home, and the load doesn't pay what he would dream of. SO Prime is screwing him over. GOT HIM HOME, didn't they? One example of many. You will read those over this forum as well.

nolookingback Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.