Prime has the SLOWEST sorry trucks on the road today, it's not even close

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by freightwipper, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

Small to medium hill maybe, but getting a run at a mountain is useless ........ And it pains me to be on "prime's side" on this one.......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    You'll get over it! :laughing-guffaw:

4. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    My point was I drive 70mph all the time. And I have decent mpg. So if driving at a dangerous 58mph is what it takes to avg over 7mpg then the prime trucks need re-spec'd.

5. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Thats just for company drivers right and not o/o? If they make o/o do it im turning in my cdl lol

6. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Many of us hit well over 8 mpg, and the largest proportion of our trucks aren't tankers.

Everybody is set at a max of 65, unless you're operating under your own authority.

7. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    The only reason they are going slower than prime is that they have not figured out how to get into high range without stalling.

8. ironpony

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    :laughing-guffaw:

9. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    Time to get my own authority. ...there is noooooo waaaaay im going 65

10. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    15 years....I've never been governed OVER 65...I'm at 62 now....and you know what??

I'm still alive...I'm still earning a decent living...I don't depend on my cruise control and I don't get my nose outta joint if I have to take it out of cruise control.

Would I feel differently if I ran west more? Perhaps. But I get sick of the schtick from drivers that make it sound like one thing must work for all.

GET THE HELL OVER IT.

11. Ditch Doctor

Ditch Doctor Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Olathe, KS
    I'd rather pass 100 prime trucks running under 60 vs. one clown that speeds up to match your speed when you pass them. I got my start at prime, and yes, it can get a little tedious running that slow, but if you can't figure out how to pass a 58 mph truck when you can run 65+, maybe you should look for a new line of work. My truck now is governed at 70, and I've never been held up for very long behind a Prime truck.

When I did drive for prime and was on a 2 lane highway, I always bumped my speed up when stuff started backing up behind me. And whenever we came into a town, I'd put my 4 ways on and pull over to let everyone behind me by.

its not just Prime running that slow. Might as well jump Swift, CRE, and JB Hunt into the mix.

realsupatrucka Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.